cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

piggy
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600 repeated WHEA-18 error

Hello, I've upgraded from a 2600 that I've been runnign for years to a 5600 and have been experiencing intermittent WHEA-18 crashes. The first 5600 had a crash every few days and I warrantied it, this one has done much better but I still have crashes every one to two months. The system passes every CPU and RAM stress test I can throw at it, it passes Prime95, memtest, OCCT, etc. I've run Prime95 and memtest overnight and no issues. I've reinstalled chipset drivers, reinstalled Windows, updated BIOS, and reinstalled the updated BIOS, dropped RAM speed, dropped Infinity fabric speed, disabled PBO, and CBO.

It never crashes in game or under load, always seems to be under low use case possibly when having a spike in speed, most often when just watching a youtube video or working on a photo edit in GIMP.

I just really want this system stable, tired of crashes and potential loss of work in photo editing or Blender and want to be able to run PBO and at a loss as to what to do to get it there.

System Specs

R5 5600
16GB Hyperx memory @3400 / 3600 speed (crashes at either and no difference between time between crashes on lower speed)
5700XT
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC

0 Likes
0 Replies