cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

YellaFinTuna
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 cpu is running VERY high (70 degree idol, 80-90 degree while playing games, Peak-98C)

After installing a new 3600 with a stock cooler my temperatures are very high. When using dragon center software and i have it my preset on silent my clock speed is 2.2 Ghz which is much lower than the base 3.6 Ghz. At this speed my temperatures are low and reasonable averaging 50 degrees Celsius but when i set it too balanced or extreme performance the clock speed goes goes to 4.1 Ghz. The temperatures at this speed is averaging at 70 - 75 at idol and when i am playing a game it goes to 80 - 90 and it peaked at 98 degrees Celsius. I am sure that this is not normal and my pc is well ventilated with 2 intake and 3 exhaust fans often running at 800 rpm. 3 questions, Would a better cooler help with this? (i was thinking hyper 212 black edition CPU cooler fan) and also Could it be a problem with the CPU its self? and Is there a way to set the clock speed at 3.6 Ghz like it is ment to be?

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI b450 tomahawk max

AMD rx 5700xt

Thanks all for future responses

0 Likes
4 Replies
krakien
Adept II

A better cooler will help, but it maybe that the heatsinc is not touching the CPU properly.

Take out the Cooler, check thermal paste is spread evenly on cooler and CPU.

Thank you mate, i just checked and it wasnt touching so i re-placed it and it is a little better but it still has similar temps. My case has a cpu clearance of 160mm so i am finding it hard to find a cooler (not liquid) that is good and reasonably priced within 160 mm. i was going to go hyper 212 black edition, but it is 158.8mm and that seems incredibly close. What would you reccomend?

0 Likes

0 Likes

Dont know man, my cooler is 3 years old and chinese

Check websites for what is available.

0 Likes