Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dejavuproned
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3800XT OC help

Hello!

So I got a new 3800xt to upgrade on my 1600x on a B350 mobo (pretty much as far as I can go with that board). So I have been tinkering with ryzen master as a way to see what I can push without going through the bios loop. Though I plan to lock in a manual overclock through the bios later.

Then I found out about the 3000 series degradation issue.

That gave me pause because it's hard to know exactly what the voltage limit is because I have seen conflicting info (some say 1.35 is fine, others say that will also cause degredation). For the first two weeks I had the processor I ran on stock settings, which is what I normally do for a new processor to make sure there are no stability issues before overclocking. But at stock voltages it will cause degradation too and I didn't find out about this issue until today, and my last benches were confusing because I got a lesser score even after returning to stock w/precision overdrive then I did when I first got the processor and benched it. So I may have already gotten some degradation (or something is affecting the score).

For the last couple days I have been running a manual oc with RM that was a stable 4.5 all core oc @ 1.375v. But based on what i'm seeing even this would cause degradation even though its much lower than the stock 1.42v it was set at.

I also got 2 other OC profiles that appear to be stable. So my options are:

4.5ac @ 1.375v

4.4ac @ 1.2875v 

4.3ac @ 1.25v

So unless im misunderstanding how serious the degradation issue appears to be, im thinking 4.4 @ 1.2875v seems to be my best bet since 1.375 is still too high. But any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Likes
0 Replies