cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

schunk88
Journeyman III

Recommend CPU(s) that will enable onboard radeon graphics for gigabyte A520M DS3H Motherboard

I currently have a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and I cannot locate in bios that the onboard video can be enabled.  The Gigabyte motherboard manual says I need a CPU supporting Radeon graphics.  When I look at the compatibility list for the motherboard, there is around 50 CPUs.  Could you point me to the low, med, high cpu options that also support radeon graphics?

0 Likes
1 Reply

The Ryzen 5 3600 is not a APU Processor (Processor with Integrated Graphics) which is why you don't find any BIOS settings for enabling Integrated Graphics.

You 3600 is a regular Processor that requires a separate GPU card to get video output.

You need a AMD Desktop Processor that ends with the letters "G" or "GE" that indicates it has Integrated Graphics built in it.

Your Motherboard CPU SUPPORT LIST shows several APUs including the PRO versions: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/A520M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

Look at all the CPUs that end in "G" or "GE" and make sure to check which BIOS Version you will need for the motherboard to recognize and  boot up with that processor.