cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Eiffel2k
Adept I

Random Game Crashes and occasional BSOD

Hi there everyone! I'm relatively new to computers, but I will do my best to explain what's going on.

I built my (first) PC about a year ago (Dec 2022), and I have been having various issues almost nonstop with it. I've managed to fix all of them but the latest problem. I've been getting random game crashing, as well as an occasional BSOD. I will list my parts at the end of the post, but I can tell you what I've tried.

First, I noticed that oftentimes when my games crash, there is an orange light on my mobo, so I figured the issue might be the RAM. I've tried using just one RAM stick rather than both to see if I could figure out if one of them was the issue, but I had crashing problems with both individually (I only experienced game crashes when testing both individually, but I did not test them for long at all). As far as I can tell, nothing is overheating. I've checked both GPU and CPU temps and they seem relatively normal, I think the highest I saw was 70 or so. I checked temps through CPU-Z and GPU-Z. I've updated windows and all drivers. Still having problems.

I've gotten kind of sick of troubleshooting something new every month, so I ended up taking it to best buy geek squad, paying $180, and then still having issues. All they could tell me was that A) something Bluetooth was having issues so they updated those drivers, and B) AMD security experienced a power failure, which I can't seem to find anything on. I did literally just find, while making this post, what they were talking about. In device manager, under security devices, it says AMD PSP 11.0 Device. When I click on properties, it says "This device cannot start (Code 10); STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

I have no idea what the root cause of these crashes are so I have no idea what to troubleshoot, or to buy a new one of, so if anyone could offer any help that would be amazing. If anyone has any questions please lmk and I will answer asap to the best of my ability. Thank you!

Parts:

GPU: MSI gaming Radeon RX 6950 XT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

RAM: G Skill Trident Z5 RGB series, DDR5 32GB, 6000MT

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus Wifi socket AM5

Cooling: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU cooler, 360mm

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1300W, 80+ Gold

Storage: SSD: WD Black 2TB SN850X SSD; HD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2 TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - SATA, 7200RPM

0 Likes
1 Solution
Lukeman269
Adept I

Which BIOS version are you running? I had a bunch of the same symptoms on my computer on older bios versions. Lots of RAM issues on the ASUS mobos. They have fixed those issues and now I'm on one of the newer bios firmwares and it's been running perfect. So definitely update that if you haven't already.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Eiffel2k, please run Ryzen Master (RM) while running Cinebench R24. Post screenshots of RM in Cinebench and at Idle. Images only of RM, please. Also post a screenshot of Event Viewer-Windows Logs-System, click Filter Current Log and check only Critical, select a couple and post the Details tab. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hey John, thanks for the response! I'm trying to do what you asked, but I'm having some issues. Ryzen Master initially told me "Ryzen Master unable to initiailize. Kindly reinstall the program." I found an article (that you actually commented on) that suggested I reset the cmos and try again. I did that (though I did have to change my fan monitoring settings, as I use AIO and not fans, so that was messing with me being able to start the PC), and then when I went to install RM again, it said installation failed. I found online that you should download the latest chipset driver, so I did that too. Now it's letting me install, but I'm getting the same "RM unable to initialize. Kindly reinstall the program."
I was seemingly able to install and I think run Cinebench just fine, but RM is giving me some trouble. Any suggestions?

0 Likes

Also, I just checked Windows Logs and checked only critical. There are 21 events, dating back to november 13th, all but two of which say "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"
I'm not sure how to post the details tab, unless you need the XML view?

The other two events say "Windows Recovery Environment servicing failed."

0 Likes

Eiffel2k, I have seen the RM message before but have never seen a solution. I'll open an RM Bug Report. I need to see the Details Tab on a few of the entries. Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: I just bought a utility for Uninstall. It has a 30 day free trial, LINK. Use it to uninstall RM, them make sure you are DLing RM from here.

0 Likes
Lukeman269
Adept I

Which BIOS version are you running? I had a bunch of the same symptoms on my computer on older bios versions. Lots of RAM issues on the ASUS mobos. They have fixed those issues and now I'm on one of the newer bios firmwares and it's been running perfect. So definitely update that if you haven't already.

i was running an old bios. ive updated it, and so far, no crashing. if it stays this way, i will mark this as the solution. thank you!

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Is your memory in the Boards QVL? Do you tried troubleshooting these two?

Disable Memory Context Restore

Disable any EXPO/XMP/DOCP and see if it still crashes

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes
kimberjean13
Journeyman III

i have the exact same problem, but i already update my bios to the newest version, and the crash still there, mainly it happens when i play some games like for 10 minutes - 20 minutes. I built my PC in August 2022 and this crash start to happen in July 2023.

If anyone could offer any help to solve this problem that would be amazing.

Here's my spec:

Processors : Ryzen 5 5600X

Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B550-A Gaming

RAM : 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance PRO SL

Storage : SSD Samsung 980 PRO 1TB, SSD Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB, HDD Toshiba 1TB 

Graphic Card : Gigabyte RTX3060

PSU : NZXT C650 80+ Gold

Cooler : Deepcool LT520

0 Likes