Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MackMurder
Adept I

r7945hx secret bios ALIENWARE M18 help?

Alienware m18, 4090, r7945hx

So ive used this video to make a bootable usb drive. But his video is for an intel processor not a usb processor. https://youtu.be/uzQ6IwbLje0

So i beleive ive found the secret bios as i have a **bleep** ton of more options when booting from the drive i didnt have before. 

However u dont see any option that says UNLOCK UNDERVOLTING anywhere. 

I can set tdc, tdp, thermal control, fans, all that jaz. But im new to all this and just wanted to apply a light undervolt to drop temps a bit. Not interested in overclocking or none of that. My machines fast enough gaming 

Heres a few of the screens of what i beleive to be the secret bios 

So for one the CPU common options when i click on it and go to performance tab its blank inside. There is nothing (wondering if UV unlock SHOULD be in there

20230726_164606.jpg

 but here is the main menu for new bios

20230726_164746.jpg

 and this is the SMU COMMON options tab which gives me tdp, tdc and some  voltage control stuff i vaguely understand. 

20230726_164847.jpg

Wondering if someone can help me out a bit understanding my basic needs for undervolting. 

I can do a tcc offset in awcc and i understand what that is. Just not the rest of whatever applies to actual undervolting. 

I may not be knowledgable but i can follow directions well and am comfortable changing bios settings. 

Cheers and bless

Mack

0 Likes
4 Replies
MackMurder
Adept I

Found another bunch of options in overclock tab of secret bios. Nothing pops up that says u lock undervolting tho

Screenshot_20230726_181034_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230726_181128_Gallery.jpg

but this is the tabs that came up

0 Likes
MackMurder
Adept I

Wow what a sad forum. Never been able to undervolt laptop ryzen 9 series till now and its crickets

0 Likes

This is a user to user Forum.

And that is more than likely an Alienware BIOS, You will need to check with them.

0 Likes
WaywardTempest
Journeyman III

Lmao I was having the same issue and after I update bios there’s nothing in UMAF amd setting and all hidden option is gone.So may I know what’s the version of your bios and how do you get these options?

0 Likes