cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MineatomTR
Adept II

R3 4300GE does not boost after BIOS update

After updating the CPU no longer boosts to 4GHZ on any core, instead it boosts to at most 3903MHz. I've also noticed the voltages are way lower than before with a peak of 1.283V, it would go up to 1.4 volts before.

MineatomTR_0-1720995402109.png

MineatomTR_1-1720995492750.png

This is the case across every power plan on Windows 10. I've used DDU and reinstalled the chipset drivers but it was to no avail.

I also tried raising the power limit using PBO to 45 Watts from 35 Watts but even then the power usage never goes above 35 Watts.

Is there any way to fix this other than downgrading the BIOS? (I would rather avoid doing that as not only it is scary to do but also the voltages were a bit too high for comfort, but now they seem too low)

I would also like to add that this is NOT related to cooling, as I've just upgraded to a tower cooler that is rated for cooling 150 Watt outputs (Dark Freezer x123) after the BIOS update, the issue persists on both stock and aftermarket coolers.

Motherboard - MSI B550-A Pro (Updated to AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.C from Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.0.0.2)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz 2x8GB

0 Likes
1 Solution
MineatomTR
Adept II

If anyone is experiencing the same issue, updating to the Beta BIOS with AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.Ca has fixed the clock speeds and power usage, they're back to normal. The voltages are a bit too high for comfort again like on the stock BIOS from 2020 but it seems like it is just how this CPU likes to run.

MineatomTR_0-1721091431813.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

MineatomTR, list ALL your parts, stay out of BIOS, do a Clear CMOS, post a screenshot for Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 Multicore. John.

CPU - Ryzen 3 4300GE

GPU - Radeon RX 6600
PSU - Thermaltake TR2-S 650W 80+
Motherboard - MSI B550-A Pro

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000MHz

Here's Ryzen Master reports during Cinebench R24 multicore benchmark:

BIOS is set to default settings, aside from Secure Boot and XMP.

MineatomTR_0-1721068432312.png

0 Likes

Thanks, MineatomTR. Looks like you are doing really well, 3896 MHz on three of four cores. Here is the definition of Max. Boost Clock:

MaxBoost002.png

 Post a screenshot of RM running Cinebench R24 Single Core. John.

0 Likes

Well yes, I get the idea of max boost, but considering it never hits it anymore is abnormal, especially when it did hit it even in all core before the BIOS update.

Here's Ryzen Master reports during the Cinebench single core test. Note the abnormally low power consumption and voltages.

MineatomTR_0-1721075608757.png

MSI Support is suggesting that I update to the Beta BIOS instead of staying in the latest stable version, I'm not sure if that will fix anything but I'm running out of options.

0 Likes

MineatomTR, all four cores are still running quite fast. Close all applications except  for CB and RM and try again. Until we see one and only one core running full tilt do not worry about power and voltages. John.

0 Likes

There is nothing else running already. It just keeps on cycling between cores, what you see is the peak of the graph in the hystogram. On high performance power plan the cores never drop below 3.5ghz anyway.

0 Likes

MineatomTR, something is seriously wrong with your PC like a Virus. It is not operating like Windows and Cinebench work. Perhaps MSI is aware of problems with the current BIOS! John.

0 Likes

Thanks for your help, I'll try updating to the Beta BIOS to see if anything changes, otherwise I'll just have to downgrade the BIOS if that even is possible.

0 Likes
MineatomTR
Adept II

If anyone is experiencing the same issue, updating to the Beta BIOS with AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.Ca has fixed the clock speeds and power usage, they're back to normal. The voltages are a bit too high for comfort again like on the stock BIOS from 2020 but it seems like it is just how this CPU likes to run.

MineatomTR_0-1721091431813.png

0 Likes