cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

christian1789
Journeyman III

problem with amd ryzen 7 8840 HS by NPU in task manager

hello I bought a full AMD pc with a RyzenAI 7 8840HS Cpu and don't see my NPU in the task manager, nor in the device manager on the other hand we see the AMD IPU, my drivers are up to date is this normal my windows is windows 11 pro 23h2

0 Likes
1 Solution
misterj
Big Boss

christian1789, post a screenshot of Task Manager Performance screen. Thanks, John.

EDIT: Be sure you have installed the appropriate driver here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

christian1789, post a screenshot of Task Manager Performance screen. Thanks, John.

EDIT: Be sure you have installed the appropriate driver here.

0 Likes

et j aCapture d’écran (1).png

0 Likes

and I have the lastdrivers, for the chipset and the graphics card 780m and elsewhere it is very efficient in games just to say

0 Likes
rebootman
Journeyman III

The ryzen 7 8840 is still a very new processor, I am guessing you have one of the latest mini pcs.

This problem is so new many are not aware of it but the manufacturers have not even enabled the Ai feature in the processor and mini pcs yet.

They are slowly doing this (manufactures) via a bios updates, so contact the manufacturer or company of the mini pc or check their site for a bios update.

Please be careful during bios flashing and get advice from the manufacturer on how to do this correctly and safely, worth only doing if they have added the NPU feature so check the bios read me notes or ask manufacturer if its been included in the bios update, might be also good to backup the existing bios.

Also double check your bios settings itself, sometimes the NPU can be disabled you may have to go through all the pages though to find it but its usually called NPU onboard or similar. 

0 Likes

bonjour déjà je n’ai pas acheté de mini pc mon ordinateur portable vaut 2000 dollars c’est un ASUS zenbook 14 AMD 2024 avec une touche copilote sur le clavier et j’ai appelé Asus et Microsoft, les deux ne comprennent pas puisque le pc est très efficace

0 Likes

Try asking on the asus rog forum, someone there may know of any additional software, windows requirements. 

Supposedly a Windows task manager update is required?

Win 24H2 & copilot+?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

hello, i can't install windows 24H2 because this version is not stable then the Microsoft after-sales service tells me that the npu must be visible and see with asus .I bought this overpriced pc because I trust AMD I don't like intel but all I ask that AMD is to fix the microsft problem and asus say that it's AMD that doesn't create a corecte driver

0 Likes

christian1789, please ask AMD here. Did you get all your AMD drivers here? John.

0 Likes