cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JerryB1973
Journeyman III

Please help ASAP

Ok, I play a few games in the world of Warcraft for example which does nothing to raise the temp above normal (40-45 ) but when I play Hitman 3 (online version) then it goes up to 70-75... I am not sure when I should start to worry about overheating?  I am running an AMD Ryzen  2600 processor, 36 Gigs of Ram, Radeon RX 580 GPU, using Dual Monitors and my case has 5 Box fans 120 m, 2 fans built into the GPU, and of course the fan from the stock cooler.

A buddy said I should upgrade my cooler but I am not sure.... the cooler I have to be able to upgrade (as he suggested ) is Cooler Master A71C  (supports an AM4 socket) 

So my question here is At what temp should I start to worry about when Gaming? 

Also, Should I upgrade from the stock Wraith cooler to the Cooler Master A71C?

And a final tidbit of information, I have the PC in a room with 2 10,000 BTU ACS (for Summer) and during the winter I keep the temp in the PC room no higher than 70 

0 Likes
4 Replies

I presume you are talking about the Ryzen 5 2600 processor and not your GPU concerning the Temps you mentioned.

If your processor's temperature is below 80c then you have nothing to worry about and the AMD CPU Cooler is doing its job in maintaining your processor from overheating.

Even though the AMD stealth is the weakest of the three AMD Wraith CPU Cooler models, it seems to be adequate for your computer needs.

The maximum Operating Temperature of your Ryzen 2600 is 95c. Once the temp start reaching or reaches 95c the processor automatically starts to throttle to keep the temperature at or below 95c.

The 2600 TDP rating is 65 Watts which means you need a CPU Cooler rated that will dissipate a minimum of 65 watts of heat from the processor.

So 75c is fine if the processor is under heavy loads playing games online.

What is '(online version)', a crack ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

In my experience temps in the 70's are nearing thermal shutdown. Most GPU's and CPU's will force a system shutdown or restart in safe mode if your temps hit 83 to 85C. My tower has 3 140mm 160 CFM fans in the top on the case only with a fully vented side panel on the front and back. Yep it can get loud so I set my case fans to run from 50% to 75%. I'm running an Ryzen 7 2700x at 4.2 GHz with an MSI Gaming Series 200 watt TDP cooler since I'm running a 125 watt CPU. GPU is an RX 6900XT VPU at 2200MHz and VRAM at 2170MHz. Also running 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum PC3200 in dual channel and GPU holds in mid 30's under load and CPU holds at mid 40's under load.

Try reinstalling your GPU drivers and when the install window pops up look for the additional options tab. It will say factory reset. This performs a clean install removing all previous Radeon GPU drivers that may be cluttering your system. When you get to the window that says quick start on the driver installer window click the standard option this sets all card settings to default. If you choose any other setting Radeon will lock those settings even if you manually adjust them. Also ensure you have the latest chipset drivers from AMD for your motherboard. You can also click the start menu click run and type dxdiag this will find any missing files repair them and check for any conflicts. Try running command prompt as administrator and run sfc/ scannow this will check windows for any missing or corrupted files in your OS and repair them. Good luck and I hope you resolve the  issue.

arrowsmind
Adept I

I would like to know which case you have first before suggesting what you should do like swapping out a cpu cooler might not do much if your case doesn't allow for a lot of airflow since airflow is key for keeping components cold since i like overclocking a lot and i have overclocked intel and amd systems in my life i can tell that airflow is key for good temps. and also a good cooler helps a lot