cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ajitbajaj
Journeyman III

Please add a Support of AMD A8 7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics in Windows 11

Please add a Support of windows 11 in AMD A8-Series 7410 APU. I am installed windows 11 with ISO method and overall experience is smooth without lagging issues. but I want this on genuine way from Microsoft. I also submit a feedback form into windows feedback app. but still not getting any support for this processor.

My Device Specs

120GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Inbuild AMD TPM 2.0 Support. and AMD 7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics (4 Core and 4 Thread).

Capture 2.PNGCapture.PNG

10 Replies

Your product is already 'Legacy status', no newer drivers will be made.

There is no chance of it being reinstated for Win.11.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

AMD A8 7410, is always update the driver especially adrenalin for windows 10, you can find it in AMD website

0 Likes

No your wrong, the last/final driver was in June.

But Windows 11 is more about security (most secure OS ever ?), and processors need to have certain ISA/Extension sets and hardware/firmware security protocols which MS have deemed as minimum requirements.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

What about if the person's flash update their Motherboard BIOS?

I just came back from Reddit of users of Ryzen 1000 able to get the Secure Boot fTPM option in BIOS after flash updating their BIOS and now able to install Windows 11.

Another Redditor chimes in that all AMD CPUs going back to the AMD A series and newer have fTPM support.  This I did not know as I was reading another article earlier that said fTPM was only added in the Pro series Ryzen 1000 CPUs before being included in the Ryzen 2000 series and onward.

So much mixed information out there.

OP have you checked to make sure your computer's motherboard has the latest BIOS? 

Waste of time and space.

nmbayu
Journeyman III

• Yes I agree with, I have AMD A8 7410 too, that support TPM 2,0 and secure boot, but on windows 11 the CPU not yet supported
Blueangel73
Journeyman III

YES! Please add a Support of AMD A8 7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics in Windows 11. My system is twice the specs listed and no dice on the CPU support yet.

@Blueangel73 

Wishful dreaming at this point. Your APU is just to old and lacks the proper technology to work with Windows 11.

Yes you can install the official Windows11 with your unsupported processor but Microsoft says that PCs with unsupported hardware won't be updated via Windows Update.

Plus there are no Windows 11 APU Graphics driver so if you have issues with the APU IGPU driver you are out of luck if the Windows 10 driver doesn't work.

Thanks for the additional info @elstaci,.  Looks like I will hang for a bit longer with Windows 10. Hopefully all the bugs in 11 will be worked out by the time I look at a new laptop next year!

Take care!

Kurlys
Journeyman III

I'm in the same quandary. There seems like there are only three options.

Before anything, one must backup ones files onto a portable or online storage device.

1. One can continue to use Windows 10 until October of 2025 when MS says it will stop updating it.

or

2. One can download Ubuntu for PC's and install it on this laptop, it will be super fast and they can learn about a boatload of excellent linux apps that work much better than Windows apps.

or

3. One can stop eating fast food and drinking canned or bottled beverages, learn to cook easy meals, learn to love water, get healthy, and save that money in an envelope in their portable fire and water protected safe. 

Then when Windows 10 is deprecated they will have enough cash to buy a very nice laptop or virtual processing thingy not yet currently available that has replaced this dinosaur-like thingy in 2025.

One may even learn to like the Linux platform more than Windows, will learn how to build their own linux servers and can tell Microsoft to go pound silicon.

One must think ahead, because there is plenty of time right now to relax and initiate a plan for a Windows 10-less world.