cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jagtengresor
Journeyman III

Pc shutting down often with new cpu

Since installing a new cpu, my pc has been shutting down somewhat often. There are a few things I've found that caused it every time, those being:

- Attempting to render in blender with the cycles render engine selected

- returning to lobby in black ops 3 zombies

- attempting to launch roblox with bloxshade installed

I've checked for overheating, being underpowered, reinstalled the cpu a few times, reset the computer completely multiple times, not sure what else to try. Other than the times mentioned above, the resets are completely random from what I can tell, even sometimes while I'm afk without anything opened.

The only things I can find in event viewer are logs of programs bugging when the computer shuts down, or just the log telling me it shut down incorrectly.

Specs:

ASROCK b450m/ac BIOS version: 3.10

Ryzen 9 5900x (previously 5 2600x)

Gtx 1660

Xpg gammix d10 16gb

0 Likes
2 Replies
vinders
Adept II

I had this symptoms, when changed R7 3700X with R9 5900X. It is 99% overheating, it will never be fixed on any event logs, just pc goes shut down. Install water liquid cooling system on your cpu and be happy. I had before scmg-5100, air cooler can't cool down this cpu. Bought mag coreliquid 280r. No problems after it. Good luck.

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 280R | F4-3600C16Q-64GTZR | Seasonic B12 BC-850 | MSI RX 6900 XT GAMING X TRIO.
0 Likes

Temperatures are never hot enough for that to be a problem, I've tested cpu with occt to see if it would shutdown and it didn't any of the times I ran it (an hour each time) but it shuts down during times when the temperature is completely normal while I'm just watching YouTube or something 

0 Likes