cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

HarryF60
Adept I

New build

Yesterday I built a new computer. Ryzen 9 7950x,FlowFrost cooler, prime 8650m-A AX motherboard, and 64 gig of DDR5, and a new case. Turned it on and all the fans were running, but no monitor, mouse, or keyboard. Checked all connections and they were tight. Tried plugging mouse and keyboard into different port, plugged HDMI into different port, and still nothing. This morning I uninstaller all and re-installed and still nothing All components are new. Any suggestions? Looked on the internet for solutions but nothing worked. Been building boxes for 24 years and this is the first failure.

0 Likes
7 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Are you using a dGPU or the iGPU?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Tried them both.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

As @cpurpe91 asks, do you have the monitor connected to the onboard output or an add-in card?

What is the memory configuration and is it supported by the motherboard?

Do you have an 8-pin CPU/EPS connector plugged into the motherboard?

If you do manage to get it working, just FYI the ASUS Prime series are bare-bones boards. They typically have only 4+2 phase power and you will likely not get the full potential of that 7950X on limited power output.

https://www.asus.com/us/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-b650m-a-ax/helpdesk_knowled...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

HarryF60, please remove all but one stick of memory and see if it will boot. John.

0 Likes

I removed all sticks and put them back one at a time, with reboot for each.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

List Everything in the system, Like the below listPSU being the top one.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
    • One line for each display device connected
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus X570 Prime Pro BIOS 2802
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Seasonic Focus 750W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x8GB

0 Likes
HarryF60
Adept I

Returned the mobo and processor to Amazon, got a replacement, and everything runs as it is supposed too.