cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jonoace
Adept II

New AMD Red Team Fanboy! New System Build Ryzen 7 5800x

Hi guys I new to this forum, I have just purchased my Amd Ryzen 7 5800x for good price on Amazon  and its going with my Asrock Steel Legend M.B , I have now decided to  upgrade my 10 year old Intel i5 4690k system. So will be getting all my other parts in next few days and weeks. 

I would be grateful for  any advice on here regards to memory DD4 3600C16 OR C18 and M2 SDDs PCIE 4 drive to go with my new system and how well does this chip perform. Also what would be a good water cooler for this chip as I am aware it gets very hot under load. 

I am from the UK but live Sunny Portugal.  

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Jononace, this is the Processor  Support Forum not the Red Team. Enjoy, John.

Check the qualified memory (Vermeer) list for your motherboard model on Asrock site. Take note of which ram kits are 2 or 4 stick compatible.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
ThreeDee
Paragon

Get whatever kit your wallet can afford and you like the looks of .. CAS16 is better of course

2x16GB sticks is better than 4x8GB .. easier on your 5800x's IMC (integrated memory controller) and leaves you room to add another 2x16GB kit down the road if you want/need to

I ran 2x16GB 3200 CAS16 HyperX Predator's @ 3800 CAS18 1.392v .. I currently run 4x16GB Oloy brand RGB 3600 CAS18 sticks @ CAS16 1.380v

IF you run into stability issues with your new RAM .. some kits might require just a bit of a voltage bump to run XMP stable from it's default 1.35v .. so just up it to 1.36v .. 1.37v ..etc until stable .. IF it's your RAM that is causing stability issues

Make sure to update your BIOS first thing to latest greatest 

Make sure to install the latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com

Make sure you have a quality power supply to run everything that has more than enough wattage to handle transient power spikes from your system when under 100% load with an 80+ Gold or better rating from a quality manufacturer ... check hardware review sites before purchasing anything

I've ran the 5800x in my setup, in my daughters and it's now running in my wife's .. daughter runs the x570 Steel Legend (I ran it before her) and it's been a great solid performer.. wife runs the B550m Phantom Gaming 4 and it's been a good solid board too

I'd recommend getting a good air cooler over an AIO personally .. but that's up to you. I run the original Noctua NH-D15 .. daughter has the Deepcool AK620 .. and wife is running the be quiet! Dark Rock Slim on her 5800x

ThreeDee PC specs

Thanks for this, I am definitely getting a liquid water cooler for 5800X.  Yes looking to  get 3600 32GB memory.