Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Schmilley
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2600 performance suddenly worse than usual

Hello, 

in the past weeks I noticed a sudden worse performance of my AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.

CPU-heavy games like Minecraft, CS:GO and Fifa 23 are performing way worse than usual and I never made a change in terms of processor, cooling etc; I recently got myself a new M.2 NVMe SSD and transferred my Windows to that new drive, that was the only and last upgrade I really did which could potentially influence my CPU performance, even though I have no idea how.

I also notice the lack of performance while streaming: I use several programs for streaming, such as OBS, Animaze (for a Virtual facecam), Chatterino, Spotify and Opera GX (for my twitch dashboard). OBS is rendering with NVIDIA's NVENC H.264 renderer, which allows me to encode with my GPU. All programs for streaming use up to 50% of the CPU and that seems absolutely fine to me. But as soon as I stream Minecraft or CS:GO, I get absolutely horrendous FPS. Minecraft with a max. 100 FPS and CS:GO on 90 FPS if I stand still. 

I really hope somebody has a solution and for information, here are my specs:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (EVGA) || CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 || MB: MSI B450-A PRO || RAM: 2x G.Skill 8GB || 2x HDD; 1x SSD; 1x NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks in advance. If you need any information, please let me know.

0 Likes
14 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Schmilley, please post what OS (winver command in Command Prompt) and cooler you have. Please post screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench. Only RM screenshots. Thanks and enjoy,  John.

0 Likes

My cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock

Schmilley_1-1673285492129.png

rm.png

May I get know how to open the advanced view of RM, so that I can provide you a screenshot of that aswell?

Regards, Schmilley

0 Likes

That is the Advanced view of RM, what looks like a very old copy. Please DL the latest here and try for both views again. The two red numbers and yellow number at the top are causing your processor to throttle. Next time please use the camera icon to post images - much clearer that way and please do not cut off the top, bottom and sides. You can up the limits causing throttling if you are willing and here is a screenshot of doing that.

PBO.jpg

Please be very careful, cautious and increase slowly. Are you running any third party software or done any OCing? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I did download the latest version from the exact same link you highlighted in your message. 

Thanks for all the advice and I will sit together with my friends who definitely are a lot more experienced with OCing than I am.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

"got myself a new M.2 NVMe SSD and transferred my Windows to that new drive"

Just do a clean install. You can move games from old drive to new drive. It is actually quite easy. Just google a bit. Steam does it very easily, some others require a bit more, but not hard at all. I recently moved hundreds of gigabytes of games from drive to drive succesfully.

0 Likes

I did a clean install actually. So I don't think that might the issue.

0 Likes

How are your temperatures?

What PSU do you have (brand/model/how old is it?)

Could be a software conflict: You could first try running some games without any other software running at the same time. If it runs well, then start one software at a time  to see which one causes the performance to plummet. It might be as simple as having to uninstall/reinstall that software.

If you record something, is you disk becoming full or slowing down? Maybe some temp file has grown too big or something like that. Could also be a Windows update that is stuck.

You might try HWINFO64 -> run as administator -> Sensors only to see your temps and if "Thermal Throttling" says Yes. If you have a flash drive, also check "Drive remaining life".

0 Likes

1. My PSU is a 550W Be quiet! Straight Power 11

2. I opened everything one by one and it seemed absolutely fine. Even started to stream to Twitch Inspector just to see if there is anything. 

3. Recording works absolutely fine.

4. I checked "Thermal Throttling" and it says no? In terms of "Drive remaining life": My flash drive shows 75,0%.

0 Likes

"2. I opened everything one by one and it seemed absolutely fine. Even started to stream to Twitch Inspector just to see if there is anything. "

Is the performance now normal then?

Idea would be to start running a game. If it works fine by itself, then alt-tab to desktop, start programs you usually run while gaming to for instance stream, one by one and see if suddenly performance drops after starting some specific software.

0 Likes

Schmilley, I do not use HWINFO64 simply because it often gives wrong results. What version of RM do you have installed? I am running 2.10.1.2287. My RM post image is poor quality and I'll post another one soon, but please look at it. I will also DL and install the one from the site I pointed to and see what I get. We need to get this solved so we can get on at the problem. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

PBO.png

0 Likes

I was able to translate your image:

rm.translated.jpg

Now I can see what is going on. Please look at the RM install file you DLed, right click-Properties-Details and post a screenshot:

RMdetails.png

Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Did you get any error messages when you installed RM from my link? Is Windows installed on your C: disk?

0 Likes

Schmilley_0-1673709562622.png

Here is a screenshot of the installer software properties. Would need another translation to be extra certain.

I did not receive any errors when downloading the installer with your link.

Windows is installed on my new C: drive.

Sorry for the late response from my side. 

0 Likes

Thanks, Schmilley. Here is the translation:

ToBeTranslated.png

It is the same as mine. I kinda forgot what we were trying to do but please post screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench. Only RM screenshots. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes