cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JedCooper
Journeyman III

my system shuts down due to a overheating

I'm having a overheating problem with my new built (a month old).  I'm using a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz and having overheating problems with it. I can usually run games fine for a few hours, but after a while my computer shuts down due to overheating. This has been very common ever since I built my PC. All the fans are on normal speeds. Please help.

0 Likes
7 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

What are you using to cool your CPU?

iCUE H150i RGB Pro XT. But the radiator is mounted at the bottom of my case, because that is the only way it could fit. I Also have the radiator fans as intake.

0 Likes

Dang thats not very efficient.

Radiator as an intake places more heat in your case and with that set at the bottom of the case heat follows physics so you got hot air blowing into your case across all the components you want to stay cool. If a internal fluid cooler takes up to much space then a better option would be to look into the high end air coolers.

Like Cooler Master Noctua MSI Corsair Zalman or Thermaltake. You would want a dual 120mm to 140mm 4 to 6 Heatpipe device with a TDP rating of 200 to 250 watts. TDP is a measure of cooling effectiveness of CPU coolers compared to the CPU's normal power draw.

For instance I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core at 4.2GHz base clock 3.7. With an MSI FROZR L dual 120mm fan cooler. Idle temps or in the upper 20'sC Load is around 51C. 

Send what tower you built your rig in pictures would be helpful to.

I don't use fluid cooling but many in this community do with detail hardware specs we should be able to help you solve this thermal issue. 

As ThunderBeaver said, the placement of the radiator is wrong..

You really need to have the radiator inlet/outlet above the level of the pump to stop air bubbles in the pump itself..

It also needs to be blowing out, I have mine top mounted..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Find a case to mount the Rad above/in front of the pump,Fans as intake on front mount or exhaust on top mount,

I'm using the Corsair 5000D with the Rad in the front(5800X and H150i RGB Pro XT) temps are fine

systems been on for about 5 hrs,Then a few runs of Cinebeench R20 71'c.

resized.jpgresize 2.jpg

0 Likes
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

Yep, what everyone else said.  If you can't get the pump below the level of the radiator, you are better off with air cooling.  Get a good tower cooler and enjoy your new system.

vialli100
Forerunner

This is my PC with top mounted AIO..

Fractal Design R6... Brilliant case design..

20220112_155344.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes