Did you mean: 

Processors

power0705
Adept I

my ram wont work with its full speed

my specs :
mb: asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS WIFI II
cpu :ryzen 7 5700x3d
ram : adata xpg d50 3000mhz 2*8gb (AX4U300038G 16A-DT50)
i updated the bios to latest version 3607

my problem is When I enable D.O.C.P from the BIOS and choose Profile 1, which is 3000 MHz CL16, my PC won't boot up and gets stuck on the motherboard logo. I tried setting it to 3000 MHz manually, but the same thing happened. The PC only boots up when I set it to 2400 MHz
i tried this timing 16-20-20-20-58 and it didnt boot at all i get lack screen
i put the sticks in the B2 and A2 in the ram slots

I managed to run my memory at 3000 MHz via D.O.C.P when I enabled performance mode in EZ Mode, but the CPU clock drops to 3.2 GHz and the voltage also  and stays like that in every case.

I went back to normal mode in EZ Mode and encountered the same problem again, so I set the RAM to 2400 MHz to get my system to boot up

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

First thing, the correct slots is the 2nd and 4th slot if you count from CPU side. Make sure you use those all the time. You can double check this with board manual just to be sure. 

Then try DOCP profile 2, if it fails, try 3000 manually and increase dram voltage to 1.35 or 1.4, never more than 1.45v You can lower CL (latency) to 18.

You can also increase CPU vSoC but be very careful here, if you are not comfortable tweaking, don't do it. No more than 1.3v!

If you dont want to tweak, go back to safety and check if that memory kit is on the board QVL. Meaning that it was tested and certified. 

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me
I tried your suggestions, but unfortunately, they didn't work. I was feeling quite desperate, so I turned to ChatGPT for help. ChatGPT suggested several tricks, and one of them was to disable Gear Down Mode and Power Down Mode. That did the trick, and I was even able to overclock them to 3200 MHz with timings set to 16-20-20-20-38 at 1.35V.

0 Likes

I didnt suggested Gear Down Mode or Command Rate yet as it hinders performance.

Power Down also dininishes but its useful for DDR5 in the newer AM5 platform for those using Memory Context Restore.

But glad it works, continue Tweaking, try just power down mode or even 3400mhz, then stress test with memtest or occt. 

The Englishman
power0705
Adept I

ok sir i will try that 
thanks for reply again