cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bando995
Adept I

My 5900x scoring terribly bad on cinebench r23

As you can see in the screenshot, my brand new Ryzen 9 5900x is scoring bad in cinebench r23. 

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT GAMING X TRIO 16G

MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B-550 F-GAMING

AIO: NZXT x63 

RAM: 4x8gb corsair vengeance 3600MHz DDR-4 (upgrading to 4x8gb Vengeance PRO rgb CL18 3600MHz DDR-4 tonight or tomorrow, depends on delivery time) 

PSU: Corsair RM850 ATX, 850W 80+ Gold

I think my CPU is cooled well, running 40/45C idle and 60/75 under stress, but it reach 90C after 2min in cinebench R23 MC. 

(PBO is actually disabled on my system)

Is it possible that is because i put less Thermal Paste than needed? I always had this thought even if i think i applied well both thermal paste and AIO on it, but is it possible to loose more than 10/12000 points on cinebench for this? 

thank you!!

r23_score.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
bando995
Adept I

Thank you all guys for helping me. Now it's all solved. It turned out that the problem was the Game Mode in Ryzen Master, an option that force the machine to use only half of cores and threads. I solved all doing a fresh install of WIN10 and reinstalling RM. I noticed that when i unlocked the last 6 core and 12 thread the temps have dropped significantly both in idle (32-38C) and under stress (see cinebench now, the cpu never gets hotter than 67/68C! And i hope this means that i've done a good work with thermal paste and airflow ahah! I hope this thread will be useful to other guys in the future.

Thank you again to all of you @misterj @MADZyren @andyliu @ed6698

-Bando

test_finale.png

View solution in original post

21 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

bando995, please post SSs of Ryzen Master (RM) in both Advanced and Basic mode while running Cinebench R23. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

i'm sorry but at the moment i'm not able to do that, the prev version of ryzen master said "your CPU is not supported" so i tryied to install the new one, but even following different ways i'm still not able to install it. i've read on a forum many other users have this issue, i tryied to change permissions to user but still nothing. 

installer_fail.png

0 Likes

Thanks, bando995. What version of Windows are you running (winver in command prompt)? You could try this. Let us hear. Google has lots of hits on removing RM but some recommend a utility and I am cautious of them. Please open a support request. Thanks and enjoy, John.

MADZyren
Paragon

I would start by removing Ryzen Master and setting BIOS to default settings except enable DOCP.

Likely you have some settings left over from previous CPU.

3.7GHz means it is running a lowest speed without any boost.

I just finished removing all with the utility that @misterj linked me above, before trying to install again RM i'm going to do what you said. Once i set bios default i'll try cinebench again then i'll let you know! Thanks guys!  

0 Likes
bando995
Adept I

UPDATE: i set BIOS to default settings and enabled DOCP. I've done another run on cinebench and the results are slightly better but still an half of what they're expected to be. With RM there's no chance, again installation failed. i'm going to open a support ticket for this. 

cinebench2.png

0 Likes

Updated:  Missed the part with temps. So not that. Yes. Something likely wrong.

0 Likes

Thanks, bando995. I am sorry that did not fix RM. You can try one of the free monitors and post a SS. I still need to know what version of Windows you are running (winver in command prompt). If you are running W11 will you be willing to install W10? Just the fresh install will probably correct the RM problem. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

@MADZyren @misterj these are temps in idle, i used NZXT CAM for this.

idle.png

these are temps after 2min on cinebench (they do not go over 86/87C even after 9/10 min)

temps.png

and this is my win10 version

win10.png

is obviously all in italian because i'm italian, tell me if you need something to translate but i doubt, i think that what you need to see it's all clear! 

Early this evening i sent a support request to AMD for the Ryzen Master thing, they said to wait up to 48h so i'll wait without any problem. At the moment my pc works fine, the 6900xt on full throttle is a beast and i'm very happy about it! 

Thanks again for your Help!

0 Likes

If I recall right, someone had a problem with NCXT Cam application on this message board maybe a couple of months ago. Can't remember what the issue was anymore.

I would try uninstalling it and testing Cinebench again, though it would be strange if it caused this type of symptom.

0 Likes
andyliu
Adept II

is it w/ fresh install Windows?  

If not, should do a fresh install and download the latest chipset driver.

then perform test again

0 Likes

will do a fresh install erase all my progs, games and files on my pc? 

0 Likes

Thanks, bando995. You should backup what data you would like to keep, but I would recommend you not do an upgrade install. When the install is complete, please install RM and run CB R23 and post the two SSs. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

unfortunately, it will erase everything.

It's best to do fresh install when you upgrade CPU/motherboard.  So the system dont have strange behavior.

As pointed out by @ed6698 , it's odd to have 6core 12 thread for 5900x.

on mine CB test, it's showing 12 core 24 threads.

If you just swap from 6 core CPU to 5900x, it's most likely the issue.

Thanks, andyliu and ed698 you are correct! Enjoy, John.

The 5900X has 12 cores and 24 threads!

bando995, andyliu and ed698 are correct! The  5900X has 12 cores and 24 threads!. RM would have shown this. The fresh install should correct this. Enjoy, John.

ed6698
Adept III

One thing I notice is that CB23 is showing you have a 6 core 12 thread 5900X in the Your System column of CB23. That is probably some of the problem of low scoring, as far as fixing that, hopefully someone else can help you with that issue.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 @3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
bando995
Adept I

Thank you all guys for helping me. Now it's all solved. It turned out that the problem was the Game Mode in Ryzen Master, an option that force the machine to use only half of cores and threads. I solved all doing a fresh install of WIN10 and reinstalling RM. I noticed that when i unlocked the last 6 core and 12 thread the temps have dropped significantly both in idle (32-38C) and under stress (see cinebench now, the cpu never gets hotter than 67/68C! And i hope this means that i've done a good work with thermal paste and airflow ahah! I hope this thread will be useful to other guys in the future.

Thank you again to all of you @misterj @MADZyren @andyliu @ed6698

-Bando

test_finale.png

Thanks, bando995. I am really confused now. Please post a SSs of RM in Basic and Advanced modes while running Cinebench. How did you get RM going-new install of Windows? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

yes, i've done a fresh install of windows and i installed RM without any problem. 

Are these the SSs you needed? 

basic.PNG

advanced.PNG

  

0 Likes

Thanks, bando995. You are throttling because of the red meters at the top. You can raise the limits on these in RM but will probably get a message about voiding your warranty. What was your final score? Thanks and enjoy, John