cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

igoru
Journeyman III

Major Performance Issues with Ryzen 7 4800HS (ASUS Vivobook 15) After AMD Software Adrenalin Update

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I’ve been having significant problems with my laptop ASUS Vivobook 15 since I updated my AMD drivers. Here’s the situation:

I bought the ASUS Vivobook 15 with a Ryzen 7 4800HS and 16GB of RAM a little while ago. Everything was running smoothly until I decided to update my AMD drivers. I installed the latest version, 24.7.1, which seemed like it should improve performance. However, since the update, my laptop has been experiencing several issues:

• My laptop is suffering from severe performance drops. I notice significant lag and freezing during gameplay and even while performing basic tasks.
  • The system freezes frequently and eventually shuts down, especially when the laptop is under load (like during gaming or screen sharing on Discord).
  • The problem gets worse when I share my screen on Discord. The laptop freezes while gaming, and it seems to happen more often than during other activities

I tried rolling back the AMD software to the previous version, but that didn’t resolve the issue. I decided to uninstall the AMD software altogether, and that did improve things slightly. The laptop is less prone to freezing, but it’s still not as stable as it was before the update. Also, its really bad to use a PC with outdated drivers.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with their ASUS Vivobook or after an AMD driver update? I’m looking for any advice or potential solutions to get my laptop back to its previous stable state. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
0 Replies