Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

PetrosKarelas
Journeyman III

Is my CPU harmed?

Halo everyone,

Although my Ryzer9 5900x CPU is water cooled, checking Ryzen Master i noticed that it was working at 80 degrees celsious. Lowering down the voltage is back to 40-50 degrees and everything works fine. I just wanted to know if there is any change of damage to my CPU caused by that high temp?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Rated for 90C, so should not be a problem at 80C under load.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

To add to this, I let my CPU (R 5 2600) overheat and cause a system reboot for months under heavy load (gaming, streaming and local recording at the same time) because I was too lazy to clean the **bleep** cooler. There is absolutely zero problems with it as far as I can tell.

All benchmark values and game performance are as expected, I never had a single bsod or crash since I started keeping my PC clean at regular intervals. CPUs and hardware in general today have many failsafe mechanisms and are fairly hard to break unless you do something very drastic.

I think you will be fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Rated for 90C, so should not be a problem at 80C under load.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

To add to this, I let my CPU (R 5 2600) overheat and cause a system reboot for months under heavy load (gaming, streaming and local recording at the same time) because I was too lazy to clean the **bleep** cooler. There is absolutely zero problems with it as far as I can tell.

All benchmark values and game performance are as expected, I never had a single bsod or crash since I started keeping my PC clean at regular intervals. CPUs and hardware in general today have many failsafe mechanisms and are fairly hard to break unless you do something very drastic.

I think you will be fine.