cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BrandonWh
Journeyman III

Is it worth to upgrade from fx8350

ive had to return to an old PC while my new one is off being repaired. currently running,

Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard

fx-8350 cpu 

gtx 960. 

is it worth to upgrade this or just start fresh. if so whats a decent upgrade thats compatible with current hardwares.

0 Likes
3 Solutions
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm sorry, but that platform has reached its end, no point to upgrade it much more unless its somekind of collectors build.

You coud put a stronger GPU but then you will be bottlenecking it.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

AMDsince90s
Adept I

That platform, as mentioned by superspy agent English, is time to be retired.  I would turn it into a nas or use it a supped up router for your network though.  if you are worried about power draw, then find an APU that will work on it and ditch the GPU.  

It is time for a new system. Good thing Black Friday deals are going on right now so you can snatch up some good stuff.

FeRzY
Adept I

My old rig was fx6300 and r9 270x. Just before the release of diablo 4 i have pulled the trigger to buy a new 'budget' build. R5 5600 + 6650 xt. 

It was a huge jump, totally worth it. I think now is the best time to build a PC. Black friday deals, christmas is coming.... At the moment prices are relatively good so in my opinion you should treat yourself and go for it

3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm sorry, but that platform has reached its end, no point to upgrade it much more unless its somekind of collectors build.

You coud put a stronger GPU but then you will be bottlenecking it.

The Englishman
AMDsince90s
Adept I

That platform, as mentioned by superspy agent English, is time to be retired.  I would turn it into a nas or use it a supped up router for your network though.  if you are worried about power draw, then find an APU that will work on it and ditch the GPU.  

It is time for a new system. Good thing Black Friday deals are going on right now so you can snatch up some good stuff.

FeRzY
Adept I

My old rig was fx6300 and r9 270x. Just before the release of diablo 4 i have pulled the trigger to buy a new 'budget' build. R5 5600 + 6650 xt. 

It was a huge jump, totally worth it. I think now is the best time to build a PC. Black friday deals, christmas is coming.... At the moment prices are relatively good so in my opinion you should treat yourself and go for it