cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Drnkslv
Journeyman III

Irregular Lag Issues after Upgrading to Ryzen 5 5600X

Hi, I've been encountering an odd and irregular issue since upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600x.

Every couple of days, while doing basic tasks like browsing, there's a noticeable lag when trying to open any file or program; PC responds so it's not frozen/stuck completely but nothing opens for about 5-10 seconds (programs, windows explorer, new Chrome tabs won't load, ...) and then suddenly, everything opens all at once, CPU usage and temperature spikes and then everything seems to be working normally until it repeats within the next couple of days. Never noticed any issue or performance loss while gaming and it happens irregularly, sometimes it's week straight without the issue but I am only using PC for a few hours a day. 
This never occurred with my previous R5 2600 + RX 580 setup.

What I have tried: My BIOS, chipset, GPU drivers, and OS are all up-to-date, and I’m observing normal CPU and GPU temperatures, tried resetting BIOS, checking the heatsink, did recovery/refresh install of Windows (not full reinstall), checked for the corrupted sectors, and someone recommended raising the CPU core offset by +0.035V but nothing helped.

System Specs:
Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: Gigabyte AMD RX 6700 XT 12GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE V2
BIOS Version: F66b
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel Series 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18
PSU: FSP/Fortron HYDRO M PRO 800W
Storage: WD BLUE NVMe 1TB SSD (OS) + Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM + ADATA SP900 128GB
Case: Evolveo T3
Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 19045.3636
Background Applications: Steam, GOG Galaxy, Epic Games Launcher, MSI Afterburner

0 Likes
0 Replies