CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Fractal Design ION+ 2 760W Platinum PSU
Samsung 980 PRO NVMe - Interne SSD M.2 PCIe - 1 TB
2 x G.Skill 24 GB DDR5-6400
Fractal Design Pop XL Air RGB Black TG Clear Tint big tower
Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB Harddisk

Windows 11 64

After the first day of installation and updating drivers etc.. the system started to reboot unexpectedly and  in a random fashion.

I get following error: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Event ID 41 - Kernel-Power. 

I tried following fixes, but nothing helped (all thanks to internet):

- Updated BIOS to latest version

- Installed all Windows updates

- installed some drivers that Armoury crate was suggesting

- disabled c-state in BIOS

- took my pc to a repair shop to troubleshoot, where they checked the temp (all normal around  39 C(CPU), checked memory,  power button(for stickiness).. re-installed windows and re-installed cpu again just to see if that was the issue. The system was even crashing in BIOS mode (sometimes) while i was at the repair shop.

There was nothing found so i took my PC home and reinstalled windows again and started to install all softwares and updates.. and now i see again the random shutdowns. see below pic.

Fahim_1-1697230774528.png

Is there any suggestion from the community?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
1 Reply
decoy82
Journeyman III

I've been struggling with same issue for a while now. I found this post on reddit, which pointed to disabling Core Boost and Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) in the bios. It's been a couple weeks, and I haven't had a crash since. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/zmnf12/7950x_crashesrandom_reboots_with_core_boost/

Problem is that it caps the CPU performance well under what it claims to be able to do, and seems to potentially point to a faulty CPU. Will likely be submitting a warranty claim soon, unless I can find another solution that doesn't result in a nearly 20% performance loss. 

0 Likes