cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

krossczyk
Journeyman III

I think my processor is defective?

In September, I built my first PC, and since then i have been getting frequent BSOD errors, after reinstalling windows maybe 4 times. The crashes usually occur when running multiple processes or tabs open at the same time, 3 small programs will do it. I've been in my bios and messed with my XMP profiles to no avail. I believe I've done everything right thus far with my build, i did it with an experienced friend of mine leading me to believe that my CPU could simply be defective. If this is a common problem, I would love to learn the solution so I can finally let my computer blaze. Troubleshooting tips would be highly appreciated! Ask me anything that i haven't made clear

My Build List:

Ryzen 5 3600x

MSI B450 A-Pro Max AM4

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16Gb DDR4

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Gaming

Thermaltake SmartBX1 650W

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Boots from 120 Gb Kingston SSD

0 Likes
2 Replies

Personally sounds  like either defective hardware or incompatible hardware or installed 3rd party driver.

What are the exact BSOD errors you are getting?

First do a CMOS  CLEAR to reset your BIOS back to it factory defaults.

Remove all the RAM sticks EXCEPT one stick and see if the BSODs continue.

Please post the Corsair Vengeance RAM Part Number? 

Check your Motherboard's QVL List and see if it is listed as being compatible. If not listed then go to Corsair Website and check with their RAM MEMORY finder and see if it is listed under your motherboard.

Check Device Manager for any errors showing.

Run DXDIAG.exe and save the results to a file. Open it and go to the last catergory "Diagnostics" and see which files are causing you problems on your PC.

Check Windows Event Viewer under "errors" to see any corresponds to your BSODs.

0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

Crashes like that are far more likely to be caused by defective RAM than a defective CPU.

Try running for a while with one stick of memory and then the other, to see if the crashes continue or go away.

0 Likes