cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nainajnahO
Journeyman III

Does Athlon II x4 950 work on b550?

I wonder if Athlon II x4 950 is supported by b550 motherboard. I have a hard time finding any information on the internet.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Thanny
Miniboss

You really need to go by the CPU support list for specific boards.  I checked a couple random B550 boards, and none showed support for Athlons.

Is there a particular reason why you'd want to combine that CPU with a B550 motherboard?

View solution in original post

0 Likes

According to PCPARTPICKER website for compatible Motherboards that support the Athlon II x4 950, none includes the B550 series motherboard.

But BIOSTAR has 3 B450 Series motherboard that does support that processor.

Here is the link showing all the compatible Motherboards for the Athlon II X 4 950 processor: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/?compatible_with=ZXgPxr&__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=d1fc54adaa...

Screenshot 2021-01-07 144421.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

You really need to go by the CPU support list for specific boards.  I checked a couple random B550 boards, and none showed support for Athlons.

Is there a particular reason why you'd want to combine that CPU with a B550 motherboard?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ve also contacted AMD Global Customer Care.

Planned to use the Athlon as a temporary CPU while I wait for the new Ryzen. I have been waiting for two months now! Delivery date keeps getting postponed... Very high demand in Sweden

0 Likes

According to PCPARTPICKER website for compatible Motherboards that support the Athlon II x4 950, none includes the B550 series motherboard.

But BIOSTAR has 3 B450 Series motherboard that does support that processor.

Here is the link showing all the compatible Motherboards for the Athlon II X 4 950 processor: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/?compatible_with=ZXgPxr&__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=d1fc54adaa...

Screenshot 2021-01-07 144421.png

0 Likes