Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gburnama23
Journeyman III

HP 14 inch Laptop 14s-fq2002AU throttling until 90C

Hi Everyone.

I just buy new laptop HP 14 inch Laptop 14s-fq2002AU with AMD Ryzen 5 5625U. 8gb ram 3200mhz.
just realize that processor hit 90 C only for daily use (browsing + office).
Is that normal for this processor?
temp.png

Please advise on this, Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies

Your Laptop processor's Maximum Operating Temperature is 95c before it starts to throttle. So it is getting close to its maximum temperature before throttling.

For normal use like browsing or idle and the CPU temps are near it maximum temperature does seem to indicate a heat issue with the laptop.

Make sure the Laptop's air vents are clean and not obstructed in any way. Check to see the laptop's fan(s) are working and expelling hot air when the laptop starts to get hot.

I suggest you open a HP Warranty ticket and see if they suggest you RMA your laptop to be checked or if your temperatures are normal for that HP model.

It is possible the CPU thermal paste wasn't applied correctly at the factory or the fans are not running at maximum speed thus getting hot. It is best to let HP check out the laptop without you doing anything actions that might void the HP warranty.

Hi @elstaci ,
Thank you for reply.

I've check everything including fan , and open bottom case. All working fine seems.
Also this behavior not rarely happen. I don't know if any software causing this issue.

CurtisFlores
Journeyman III

I don't think it is normal.

When unexpected expenses arise, this can be a lifesaver, have a look at this https://triceloans.com/personal-loans-arkansas/ site, personal loans in Arkansas can provide the financial relief you need. Explore different lenders and loan types to discover the right solution for your circumstances. Remember, understanding your creditworthiness is key to securing the best rates.
0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

Zero chance 90 degrees temps are normal for regular use for ANY CPU! Open RMA ticket with HP or refer buy to your supplier.

0 Likes
MeghanSimpkins
Journeyman III

It is not normal, you should replace it.

0 Likes