Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vabalys
Journeyman III

High Clock Speed Issue

High Clock Speed Issue - Ryzen 5 4600H

Hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out for some advice on a problem I've hit with my Ryzen 5 4600H CPU. Even during idle or light usage, it's clocking in at turbo speed, around 3.8-3.9GHz, causing overheating.

I've tried the usual troubleshooting steps – checking background processes, updating drivers, and tweaking power settings – but the issue persists. If anyone's encountered a similar hiccup or has some insights into optimizing CPU performance, your input would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi,

Go to edit power plan, power options and check for this:

Change Minimum processor state to a lower value. That should do the trick. Its what we do on all our laptops and I even done it at home on my 7950X to get lower clocks/temps.

Question:
From where you are getting these readings?
Be sure its from a reliable source like HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master.

johnnyenglish_0-1704899827939.png

(the image has the Maximum highlighted but its the Minimum you shoud change)

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

vabalys, please post your system components and a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) at idle and running Cinebench. I am curious why you think thus is a problem. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi,

Go to edit power plan, power options and check for this:

Change Minimum processor state to a lower value. That should do the trick. Its what we do on all our laptops and I even done it at home on my 7950X to get lower clocks/temps.

Question:
From where you are getting these readings?
Be sure its from a reliable source like HWiNFO64 or Ryzen Master.

johnnyenglish_0-1704899827939.png

(the image has the Maximum highlighted but its the Minimum you shoud change)

The Englishman
0 Likes