Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Naxane
Journeyman III

Frequent BSOD and Power loss with 7900x

Hi, I've been having frequent power l
Ryzen 7900x, RTX 3090, 2x32GB DDR5 C40 Corsair Vengeance, Gigabyte x670 GAMING X AX, 2TB Evo 970 SSD Corsair, 1KW Gold rated PSU.
Everything is running at stock. The issue occurs when the PC is under load or idling, it even happens when the PC is asleep (it has woken me up at like 3am).
I've seen other posts regarding this issue relating to the 7900x.

Blue screen view always shows ntoskrnl as the result of the BSOD, the specific stopcode and instruction offset is always different.

Things I've tried:
Enabling low power load in the bios.
Low and ultimate performance power configurations via Windows.
Memtest returns with flying colours
Completely fresh install of Windows
Latest drivers

I'm considering contacting AMD Support but wanted to know if there's anything I've missed.

7 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What make/model 1kw Gold rated PSU?

Is your motherboards BIOS  up to date?

..and latest drivers include latest AM5 chipset drivers from AMD.com?

Is your Samsung 970 Evo's firmware up to date?

Are you running cable extenders of any kind inside  your case? What case are you using?

Have you tested with EXPO/XMP disabled?

ThreeDee PC specs

PSU is Corsair. Bios is on the latest. Using the latest drivers. 970 is a recent installation, issue persists. No cable extenders, case is Fractal Design Define 7. EXPO not stable, running at stock (same for all components.

0 Likes
TomBoy
Adept II

Have you tried using different ASmedia ASM106x SATA driver (not the one came with motherboard)? And, turn on HIPM for AHCI power management.

reb0rn
Adept I

Asus b650m TUF, 7900x, kingston 2x16 renegade 6000 c32, all stock memory at jedac 4800 same issue, new build, PSU corsair KM3 750w, rtx 3060 MSI 12gb

I tried one stick memory and dual, random bsod now running CPU limited to 3600Mhz to try to find if asus mobo is issue or CPU! as its new build I run it with newest updated bios

At first start it bsod each 10min, now it works for 12-24h still waiting to see if it manage few days on 3600Mhz cpu limit!

TomBoy
Adept II

My motherboard is ASRock Taichi Carrara, different from yours. However I have similar issue. This random crash is killing me. I have striped down everything and even RMA'd the motherboard and it still happens.

reb0rn
Adept I

Yeah its bad CPU, my work stable at PBO +10 you might try it, but I defo will RMA it

Same here to RMA the C-state incompatible CPU I got. Will see how it goes with the replacement CPU.

0 Likes