cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JaredK
Journeyman III

Enabling SAM on 5800x3d/Windows 11 breaks X570 tomahawk

Installed my new 5800x3d and updated to windows 11 due to 10 being unstable and unfixable. I've atttempted twice to enable smart access memory via bios, this results in my motherboard locking up and lighting up the cpu debug light, forcing me to bios flash via usb on my x570 tomahawk. Bios was updated the first time i restored the bios to no avail, all drivers, etc are up to date. Please help! I'm an entry level diy guy and never gonna be a pro so thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
vishvajit
Adept III

It sounds like you're encountering a compatibility issue with the new 5800x and your X570 Tomahawk motherboard when trying to enable Smart Access Memory. Some possible causes for this issue could be outdated or incorrect BIOS version, incorrect driver version or incorrect memory configuration.

Here are a few steps you could try to resolve the issue:

Make sure you're using the latest BIOS version for your X570 Tomahawk motherboard.

Check the AMD website for recommended memory configurations for the Ryzen 5800X and make sure your memory modules match the recommended configuration.

Check that you have installed the latest chipset and GPU drivers for your system.

Try clearing the CMOS (by removing the battery or using the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard) and then reconfiguring your memory and other settings in the BIOS.

If none of these steps help, you may need to reach out to the support team for your motherboard or the manufacturer of your memory modules for further assistance.

0 Likes