cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JawBone
Journeyman III

Do I really need AMD Software on my PC?

I have this program installed on my pc but I'm not sure if I really need it or not.
My Setup: Ryzen 5600 - Arc 770 - B450M

I had 3400G before 5600, I think this was supposed to be uninstalled when I change to 5600.

resim_2023-07-17_171208788.png

4 Replies
AlanVincent
Adept I

Installing amd adrenaline software is good,it's not a must needed software.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

It was mostly because of your old iGPU. You should've used DDU before installing the intel drivers.

But you can uninstall it.

The Englishman
digipointer0
Adept III

Regarding your previous 3400G processor, it's generally a good practice to uninstall old drivers and software when upgrading to new hardware. However, in many cases, the AMD software package is designed to detect and update drivers for the latest AMD hardware, so the installation of new hardware might automatically update the necessary components.

0 Likes
EdenWheeler
Adept I

Concerning your previous 3400G processor, it is typically advisable to remove outdated drivers and software before upgrading to new hardware. Nevertheless, in numerous instances, the AMD software package is specifically crafted to identify and upgrade drivers compatible with the latest AMD hardware. As a result, the installation of the new hardware might automatically update the required components.

0 Likes