Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Yorgo
Adept I

Ryzen 9 5900x bottlenecking my 3080ti

Hi! 
i recently bought a Ryzen 9 5900x and it would seem that it bottleneck my 3080ti! At first, I tought it was games (Darktide, Spiderman remastered, Hogwarts) that were badly optimized but I noticed that my cpu utilization was not over 50% and same for my GPU and therefore concluded that it was a cpu bottleneck! What can I do from here ? (I have a 32g Ram, Rtx 3080ti, Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus tfuf x570 plus wifi and i’m playing in 1440p) 

0 Likes
7 Replies

According to this FPS/Bottleneck website inputting your Ryzen 9 5900X, Nvidia RTX 3080ti, 32GB @3600Mhz RAM Memory it shows there is really no significant amount of bottleneck either for the GPU or CPU: https://www.cpuagent.com/build-compare/amd-ryzen-9-5900x-vs-intel-core-i9-13900k/summary/nvidia-gefo...

Screenshot 2023-07-08 152846.png

It also shows the FPS for several latest or popular games to compare.

So you problem is neither your CPU or GPU are being bottleneck but something else.

Try using OCCT to Stress test your CPU , GPU, & PSU and see what results comes up. Maybe something is overheating causing either the CPU or GPU to throttle or slow down.

You can check if the CPU or Motherboard are throttling by running Ryzen Master. At the very top all Icons should be green or yellow. Any red indicates throttling of the CPU.

Yorgo
Adept I

All right ! I try that ! Thanks ! 

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

surely it is an option you touched, just reinstall windows, install drivers and apps and dont touch things you dont understand

0 Likes
Jeuda
Adept I

Download gpu-z, check if your gpu is running pcie 4/3/2/1.1. It makes world difference in performance.

Yorgo
Adept I

Right ! So ! I tried stress test on my pc and all was fine but for one thing ! During the test, my cpi hit 90 C! But all other components were fine ! For the record, my thats my build (its a weird monster):

GPU: RTX 3080ti asus tuf

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 Gb

MOBO: Asus tuf 570x-plus wifi

Power Suppli: Corsair RM1000e CP-9020250-NA 1000W ATX12V/EPS12V 80 plus gold

CPU cooler: Deep cool AK400

CASE: Corsair Spec-01 Mid tower

Fan case: 3x 120mm (2x corsair LL series and the default front fan on the case) + 1x Corsair 140mm SP140

The two LL series are exhaust fixed at the top of the case, the default is at the front with the 140mm and there's a default exhaust at the back

So could cpu cooling be the explanations for my performance ? As of today, it idle at 48C, my gpu is at 47C and the Mobo at 40C. When playing, hogwarts for instance, CPU goes between 51 and 60, about the same for my gpu and the Mobo does change much either! What do you guys think ?

PS: I know my case is small I'm planning to change it, but not before winter/Christmas and I've been looking for the Deepcool ak620 but I think I don't have the RAM clearance to fit it into the case...

0 Likes

Just buy another fan, the same as the one on your cooler and stick it onto your cooler the same direction as the original fan.

Your part number is:

EAN 6933412727446
P/N R-AK400-BKNNMN-G-1

That will reduce another 15 degrees on your cpu. You can also try undervolting (NOT OVERCLOCKING!!!)

With double fan cooler you must be fine.

0 Likes

It makes that much of a difference ? And I guess its not too bad if my cpu hit 90C under the Ryzen Master stress test ? 

0 Likes