cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ALE5510
Adept I

DDR5 dual channel fail?

Good morning or good evening! Sorry for my english!

MB : Asus x670E-A Wifi

BIOS : 0805

VGA : MSI RTX 4090 GAMING X TRIO

PSU : ATX C1000 Gold PA-0G1BB-EU, 1000 Watt

CPU : AM5 AMD Rayzen 7 7700x

MEM : 2x16GB, DDR5, 6000Mhz Corsair Dominator, CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36.

HDD/SSD : 1x WD BLUE SSD NVME 1TB PCIE SN, GEN3 8 GB/S, (R:3500, W:3000MB/S) Os installed.
1x Crucial MX300 CT1050MX300SSD1 SSD Interno, 1 TB, 3D NAND, SATA
1x Seagate 3tb Barracuda 7200

CPU COOLER : Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 Illusion CPU Liquid Cooler

Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow V3

mouse USB : Razer Basilisk V3 MOUSE, USB

I had crashes and strange behavior immediately after mounting the pc... I disabled EXPO by reading about the various problems and I always left the ram settings auto and I tried to figure out what the general instability of the system was due to. After upgrading bios i did i used MEMTEST86. 6 errors, 5 in test 8 and 1 in test 7. I reset the bios with the CMOS using a button. I tested the first bank, zero errors ... the second PC bank turned on but the yellow light on the mb did not start. black monitor. well i thought the ram. I unplug the pc for about 30 minutes and try again out of curiosity.. the pc turns on and starts the second bank of ram as well and everything passes. I test the banks of ram together and again they all pass. since yesterday crash with any game after a while ... I thought it was the gpu but out of desperation I had redone the ram test with memtest86 ... and it fails ... error 411 ... they all seem to me at test 8. I don't know why it has passed the test 3 times 2 times with each single stick and 3rd time with both 2 days ago. unfortunately I was unable to save the memtest86 report because my friend asus ***** no longer sees the keyboard in the bios... I solved it... cmq... I left a bank (in the second slot) of ram and the system booted and no crashes in the game. Turned off the pc disconnected from the power replaced the ram with the other bank, I turn on the pc and it doesn't start the monitor remains black and yellow light on the mb. well the mountain. I wait about 30 minutes leaving the pc unplugged from the network... I turn it back on and it starts up with that bank of ram too. the games have no crashes. only thing that from CPUZ this desktop doesn't show the SPD at the first start now it...
new ram from amazon will arrive on monday. I install and check and in case of problems I will post the info.

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Which memory slots are you using? You should use second and fourth memory slot counted from CPU. 

So first slot from CPU is empty. There is memory stick on second slot. Third memory slot is empty. There is memory stick on fourth memory slot.

EDIT:

If memory works fine without EXPO, you could enable EXPO, but drop memory frequency to 5600 and try again. If you had issues even without EXPO, there is something wrong with some component. You could run computer with one stick at a time at the second slot from CPU to find out, if either memory stick has a problem.

While it is not a requirement, your memory sticks are not in the QVL-list of tested to be compatible with Asus X670A.

0 Likes

we tested on spot 2 and four and the single dibram banks on slot 2, always in auto settings without expo and therefore at 4800mhz. for compatibility I called asus and they told me off the record that even if not listed in their qvl they are most likely compatible. their qvl is outdated and I read of people unfortunately with similar problems with ram in qvl. I don't know if it can be useful or indicative but one of the two rams that have just arrived and taken out of the box had one of the 4 screws that hold the heatsink loose, I would say unscrewed. it was enough to put it back and screw it on. At the moment I skipped it since I had waited a long time for the components and had arrived at the end of the assembly.

0 Likes

Corsair cmt32gx5m2d6000z36 replacement rams arrived today... and like the previous ones they have a screw so loose that I was about to lose it in the case on the video card! 2 out of 2 is not really nice at 265€. At this point I didn't even install them, I made the amazon return and chose the Kingston fury beast KF556C36BBEAK2-32 which by the way are present in the QVL of my motherboard. It's a pity because I've always bought corsair products including ram. I'll test them this week to see how they go and eventually isolate the problem.

0 Likes

Deleted.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

sorry I didn't understand the question

0 Likes

Sorry, I looked up wrong board model.

Not meant as a question to you.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ok no problem  

0 Likes