cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nemanjic37
Adept II

CPU Driver error

Hello,i got AMD ryzen 2600 cpu on RX66 graphics card.

I got issues regarding cpu driver not being ''properly installed'' whatever i do when i try to enter ryzen master,and yes,i put a right driver to download. 

Ryzen Master worked sometimes,but mostly it says about that driver not properly installed.

i Tried to reinstall all drivers including graphics cards too,but nothing works.

Now when it says that,in AMD adrenaline i cant see cpu temperature,meaning it somehow shows that its not the proper driver. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Is Ryzen Master the only program you are having issues with?

Which Motherboard BIOS Version do you have installed? The latest version for your Motherboard is F56: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

If your Motherboard BIOS version is older than F32 please read the important RED WARNING before updating to BIOS version F40 or newer.

Try running this simple line command to check your Windows OS installation using a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell: SFC /scannow

Once you have updated your Motherboard's BIOS and AMD CHIPSET to the latest version download this useful Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to see if it fixes your Ryzen Master installation issues: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

You can use it to uninstall and install Ryzen Master. It will, hopefully, delete all instances of Ryzen Master and left over Registry entries.

See if that fixes your installation issues with Ryzen Master.

Ryzen Master is affected by your BIOS on your Motherboard.

Also don't use a 3rd party Driver updating program mainly because they are not very dependable and might install a incompatible driver.

By the way, in the past Ryzen Master was not compatible with Hyper-V enabled (VBS) in Windows 10/11. Don't know if the latest versions has fixed that issue or not.

So just for Troubleshooting purposes make sure you have Hyper-V disabled temporarily in Windows before installing Ryzen Master.

Post back any errors after updating your BIOS and AMD CHIPSET drivers and using MS Install/Uninstall Tool with Hyper-V disabled.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

nemanjic37, there is no CPU driver. Please get the AMD Chip Set driver from here. Post screenshots of the error messages you are getting. Also post all your parts. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

The one in processor tab from the link u sent shows that its not found anymore as u can see in the picture. Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).pngthis shows up when i try to install in processor tabthis shows up when i try to install in processor tabScreenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).pngScreenshot (9).pngScreenshot (10).pngScreenshot (11).png

0 Likes
nemanjic37
Adept II

Screenshot (12).png

0 Likes

Thanks, nemanjic37. This is all very confusing, but I suspect multiple sensor applications are the problem. I recommend that you uninstall all monitor applications including Ryzen Master (RM). Restart your machine then install only RM after downloading it here. It is not possible to run more than one copy of RM. What is an RX66 graphics card and who makes it? Thanks, John.

0 Likes

So i should uninstall all monitor apps including Amd Adrenaline since it has monitoring options,reboot and install only RM to see whats going on? 

It sure is confusing,because RM works SOMETIMES,and sometimes not..

Sry for my missexplanation,rx66 is Amd's radeon rx 6600 8gb

By the way if this info helps,in regedit,RM has v20 and v22,meaning i guess that it really tries to run 2 versions of it?

If i delete v20 for example,it just gets back like nothing happened.

0 Likes

I uninstalled RM,reboot and install again,and it still says ''RM driver not installed properly,driver not installed''

Windows is freshly updated so besides only AMD adrenaline,there are not monitor apps but i had monitor applications such as Driver booster and Advanced systemcare which i deleted tho. 

Maybe there are some settings from driver booster and advanced systemcare that dont let RM run properly in regedit or i dont even know?

As mentioned,in regedit,there are 2 shown drivers which u will see in the picture.Screenshot (13).png

0 Likes
nemanjic37
Adept II

Just in case,i sent you detailed cpu and graphics info below.

And one more thing,when i try to reinstall AMD adrenaline to see what happens,it says that it needs some sort of repair. when i repair it,nothing happens.Screenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).png

0 Likes
nemanjic37
Adept II

I have reinstalled AMD adrenaline as software suggested,and the only thing it repaired is CPU temperature gauge that works now in Adrenaline,but RM still says driver not installed.

Its a wild guess or should i say intuition,but is there a possibility that current version of Amd Adrenaline is somehow not compatible with current version of RM on the combination of this CPU and Graphics card?

0 Likes

nemanjic37, please do a Clear CMOS and try again. If this does not fix your problems, then do a fresh install of Windows (format your C: disk), then install AMD drivers from AMD and Ryzen Master and nothing else! Thanks, John.

0 Likes

It did not help by clearing CMOS.  The problem of fresh install and windows is that i have already done it a few days ago,and after fresh install,it still didnt propelly enter RM even without anything else( that was before i installed advanced systemcare)

0 Likes

nemanjic37, I do not know what systemcare is but if you do what I asked (fresh install) will get rid of it and any other junk you have installed. John.

0 Likes

Bro im telling u again,i already format the drive,fresh windows install before any junk installs and RM still didnt worked properly. Only later i downloaded junk metrics app,meaning the problem was there before the junk...

0 Likes

Have a good day, John.

Is Ryzen Master the only program you are having issues with?

Which Motherboard BIOS Version do you have installed? The latest version for your Motherboard is F56: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

If your Motherboard BIOS version is older than F32 please read the important RED WARNING before updating to BIOS version F40 or newer.

Try running this simple line command to check your Windows OS installation using a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell: SFC /scannow

Once you have updated your Motherboard's BIOS and AMD CHIPSET to the latest version download this useful Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to see if it fixes your Ryzen Master installation issues: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

You can use it to uninstall and install Ryzen Master. It will, hopefully, delete all instances of Ryzen Master and left over Registry entries.

See if that fixes your installation issues with Ryzen Master.

Ryzen Master is affected by your BIOS on your Motherboard.

Also don't use a 3rd party Driver updating program mainly because they are not very dependable and might install a incompatible driver.

By the way, in the past Ryzen Master was not compatible with Hyper-V enabled (VBS) in Windows 10/11. Don't know if the latest versions has fixed that issue or not.

So just for Troubleshooting purposes make sure you have Hyper-V disabled temporarily in Windows before installing Ryzen Master.

Post back any errors after updating your BIOS and AMD CHIPSET drivers and using MS Install/Uninstall Tool with Hyper-V disabled.

This is the list of things i have done.

1. I updated my BIOS to the version you sent me.(it was never than f32 anyways)

2.I used cmd to scan OS installation and it found corrupt files located in system which repaired it as shown in the picture.

3.I uninstalled Ryzen Master with Microsoft Uninstall tool.

4. Hyper-V was not enabled.

After everything done above,i restarted my pc,tried to enter Ryzen Master and it gave me a new warning about it shown in pic which now said : RM unable to initialize,reinstall the program. I reinstall it,restart my pc and the first thing that popped up was a windows crash about some ''stopcode'

After crashing and booting again, RM works now.

I dont know what exactly repaired RM out of all those things,but thanks!

If i get a crash about it again,i will reply again. Thank you

To tell you the truth there have been several threads opened at AMD Forums concerning Ryzen Master not installing or crashing during installation due to that error and some others that you mentioned RM unable to initialize.

Most likely after updating your BIOS and repairing your Windows OS and using the MS Install/Uninstall Tool and then after restarting your PC it is possible that Windows itself fixed the issue with Ryzen Master during the reboot process.

Just guessing though.

Anyways, Thanks for the update and glad to hear that Ryzen Master is now installed and working normally.

Take care.

SerchTech
Adept II

Hi nemanjic37

My system and software:

- ASRock X399 Taichi BIOS 4.03 (fTPM Enabled, Secure Boot Enabled, CSM Disabled, PBO and XMP Enabled, ReBAR Enabled)

- Threadripper 2950X

- Windows 11 23H2 fully updated

- AMD Chipset Drivers 6.01.25.342 using AMD Ryzen Power Plan

- AMD Ryzen Master 2.13.0.2908

Getting 2 different types of Ryzen Master errors/bugs, the first one occurs in your OP's circumstances, sometimes yes and sometimes no, usually after login but rarely

RMbug_randomafterlogin.png

and the second, in my case, occurs after waking up from suspend

RMbug_wakeupafterssuspend.png

I have other "junk" installed on my system like CPU-Z, GPU-Z and HWINFO that i'm not going to uninstall because i like and trust them and i never use them simultaneously with Ryzen Master, especially since they are inclusive and not exclusive like Ryzen Master. Nor will i follow elstaci's advice that he has very kindly shared here, i should not do the work of AMD or Microsoft, if they don't do it then ... goodbye Ryzen Master and long live HWINFO.

If any AMD employee here needs more information for a solution, it will be a pleasure to provide it.

Best regards and thanks for share your experience

0 Likes

Yes, I see whose advice you do follow that makes you do a hundred things without any results and you highly respect: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-2950x-very-slow-on-windows-11/m-p/670853#M58762

But then again everyone has their own opinions about whose advice to follow and whose advice not to follow. Sir I hope you always follow the advice of the other User in the thread that I linked. It will amuse me to see you jumping around in circles getting nowhere most of the time  by following  the User's advice that  you so much respect.

By the way it is very rude to mention not to follow another User's advice no matter how good or bad you believe it is. Let the other Users decide whether to follow or not the advice they get from other Users.

Also I know the history of the other User in the link that you respect so much but my opinion will stay my opinion and be quiet and just let everyone who is knowledgeable about troubleshooting make up their own opinion themselves without being so biased about another User they know nothing about.

To be honest,i understand what you want to say about u not wanting to do someones else work,but nothing in this world is perfect yet,and we as a people need to repair things together,because some situations just need more attention.Nvidia sure has problems too,so AMD is not really the only one having it.

Elstaci helped me about a problem that i had for months,and i dont see a reason why you shouldnt let yourself be helped by him.

Judging by my generaly poor experience,you should delete CPU-Z and all those trash programs because they really never helped us with anything rather than most of them intentionally creating problems to solve them,and just follow elstaci advice to help yourself.