Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Moibus
Journeyman III

CPU death - Ryzen 7 9700x on new build

Hello Everyone

I would very much like any support I can get in resolving this issue.

I just finished a brand new Ryzen build. It not runs,  i have only a black screen nothing else.

CPU: ryzen 7 9700x

MB: asus b650 e i

RAM : Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 6000MHz CL40 AMD EXP

thank you

0 Likes
3 Replies

You Asus ROG STRIX B650E-I originally supports the Ryzen 9 9700X processor. So it should boot up out of the box.

According to Asus Support Motherboard QVL LIST for RAM for the 9000 series processors it only shows one set of 2x32 GB RAM @ 6000Mhz: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650e-i-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_qvl_memo...

Screenshot 2024-09-03 094619.png

If your Corsair RAM set is not the above RAM Part Number go to Corsair and see if your RAM Part Number is compatible with your Motherboard and processor.  Asus QVL List just shows the RAM Asus personally tested on the motherboard for compatibility issues.

Do you get video output during BIOS POST or when it is booting up or does your PC stop booting up with a Trouble LED or Digital Code error showing?

If you PC is not BOOTING UP then install just one stick of RAM and see if it boots up into Windows.

When you power up and the PC is booting up is your PC case HDD/SDD LED light flickering or on all the time while booting up? if so that indicates that it is booting into Windows but without Video output.

Also you can check your Asus Motherboard Trouble LED or Digital Codes to see if it is booting into Windows or UEFI BIOS found some hardware issue that stopped the Booting process.

I presume you are using your 9700X IGPU where you have your Monitor connected to your motherboard's Video output ports correct?

Here are the Video Specs for your Asus Motherboard: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650e-i-gaming-wifi-model/spec/

Graphics

1 x HDMI® port***  
1 x USB3.2 Gen2 port supports USB Type-C® display outputs****
* Graphics specifications may vary between CPU types. Please refer to AMD CPU specifications.
** Supports max. 8K@60Hz as specified in display outputs
***Supports 4K@60Hz as specified in HDMI 2.1.  
**** VGA resolution support depends on processors' or graphic cards' resolution.

I presume you have your monitor connected to your Motherboard's HDMI port correct?  Make sure you have the correct HDMI 2.1 Monitor cable connected to your monitor from your motherboard.

Check your Monitor specs with your motherboard's HDMI 2.1 version specs above.
Moibus
Journeyman III

Thanks,

I change the Power supply and now i have a yellow Light RAM error the RAM is n'ot compatibel

Try using one Stick in the appropriate DIMM Slot on your Motherboard. See if it starts to boot up past the RAM Trouble LED.

Sometimes incompatible RAM will not boot up with more then one stick of RAM installed but will boot up with one stick of RAM.

0 Likes