Did you mean: 

Processors

LucasAlmeida
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 8700f overheating

The Ryzen 7 8700f that I bought new is overheating when downloading games

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi, I'm going to do the tests you mentioned, but I managed to solve the problem of overheating in the bios by changing the TDP for some reason it was set to 120W in the bios, I believe that was the reason for the overheating, my motherboard is a Gigabyte B650M and for some reason the processor came automatically set to overlock from what I understand thx for hel

p

View solution in original post

3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

LucasAlmeida, post all your parts and some evidence of overheating. Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master Advanced view while running Cinebench R24 multicore. John.

0 Likes

If you processor temperature is going over 95c then while just downloading games indicates a problem with your CPU Cooler or really bad air flow inside your PC case.

What is the Make & Model of your CPU Cooler?

Your processor has a adjustable TDP rating of 45 -65 Watts with a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c. 

In BIOS Settings, if setting exists, try changing the TDP rating from its default setting to 45 watts which will make your processor run much cooler but will take a hit in performance until you find out what is wrong with your CPU Cooler.

Download OCCT and run the CPU, GPU, and PSU tests. See if any of the test crashes or shutdown the PC. Keep a close eye on Temperatures, Fan speeds, and PSU Outputs.

Those stress tests should be able to assist you in finding out which hardware is causing you the problem.

Hi, I'm going to do the tests you mentioned, but I managed to solve the problem of overheating in the bios by changing the TDP for some reason it was set to 120W in the bios, I believe that was the reason for the overheating, my motherboard is a Gigabyte B650M and for some reason the processor came automatically set to overlock from what I understand thx for hel

p