cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Bumbouna
Journeyman III

CPU and dram light

Computer worked fine for 2 months. This morning, no post, CPU and DRAM lights on. Reseated all ram sticks individually, no change. Reset CMOS with one ram stick in and worked until I added the second ram stick, no post again. Now both RAM sticks appear faulty as system still won't post. I removed all ram sticks and I still got not post and the lights where still on. I’m unsure if should be like that or if I would get a post saying no ram. I also reset the cmos, reseated the CPU and gpu but the issue still persist 

is there a fix or is my only solution to buy new ram?

SPECS:

CPU: ryzen 5 7600

GPU: rx 6600

Mobo: Asrock 620m pro rs

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x 16gb 6000mhz

PSU: 550w

0 Likes
11 Replies
kchalupa
Journeyman III

Hey,

Do you have another PC to check the RAM in? If you do, please try running memtest86+ and report back. If possible, try changing the slots you're inserting the RAM into. The RAM may be bad, but everything in your setup looks to be less than a year old. RAM can go bad, but it's usually a few years old.

-K

0 Likes

When I first built the computer in the beginning of this year after a while the games where randomly crashing, I ran memtest and I underclocked my ram because that was the issue. I did a cmos reset which brought it back to normal speed but it booted before.

I talked with my friend and he’ll test it since he also has an am5 system.

0 Likes
kchalupa
Journeyman III

Do you have heatsinks on the RAM? Do you know if the sticks were getting hot when you were gaming?

0 Likes

Yes they have heat sinks and I just felt them one time but they aren’t that hot

0 Likes

OK that's good. Try reseating both in and turn on your computer, do you feel anything when the computer is on? Try putting them into different slots and see what you get. It's good that your friend can help you testing them further. Have them run memtest86 to see what's happening.

0 Likes

Yeah I have reseated both ram stick in every slot but tomorrow my friend will run memtest on them

0 Likes
kchalupa
Journeyman III

OK, let me know what you find. I'll check back.

0 Likes

Just one quick question, is it possible to fry a motherboard with faulty ram? My friend was about it.

0 Likes

Hey, I'm sorry for the late reply. I researched it and it's very unlikely unless they insert it on an off angle or use force. Make sure that their computer uses the same DDR generation as the slots are mechanically incompatible.  Hey, checking back. Did you get anywhere with this?

0 Likes

Hello! We tried the ram in my friend computer and there was no boot so it seems like it’s a ram issue.

0 Likes

Okay see if you can return it. I’m sorry it didn’t work out. Does this answer your question, if so please mark it as answered.

0 Likes