cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ark2S
Journeyman III

Chipset installer failed something went wrong

So I had trouble playing Valorant cause of some driver issues with AMD graphics drivers so I re-installed it and I got an error msg saying "Chipset install failed", and from the next day (literally today) I've been getting greeted with black screen and cursor, and my mouse has become somewhat unresponsive, so I tried reinstalling it but the same problem still persists, this is literally annoying AFScreenshot 2022-02-05 081126.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
drewster
Adept II

Hmmm.  Grab teh chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.  Do a complete uninstall of the chipset drivers and the GPU drivers.  Restart, and let windows do it's thing.  It'll probably want to restart again, let it.  Install the chipset drivers, windows or the installer should prompt for a reboot when finished.  Windows should now see your GPU and install some generic drivers for it.  Do a clean install from the GPU driver (I believe AMD drivers lets you do this).  Also if it is an AMD GPU, yuo can just download the driver itself.  Do a clean install with this, it should uninstall you current GPU driver, reboot the system, and start install again upon login.  You should be able to select what to install.  Let the installer do it's thing, and it should prompt for a reboot, and you should be set.

Also it would be a great help if you were to post you system specs to further help you solve this problem.   Hope this helps.  Good luck.

0 Likes
BlackSabbath
Adept II

Try reinstall drivers and download AMD Cleanup Utility and DDU for gpu and install fresh drivers nothing new for amd they have worst drivers for gpu and chipset always stupid bugs i use MicrosoftProgram Install and Uninstall for unistall amd chipset drivers