cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bliss1
Journeyman III

Checking on my Boot Kit status

As the subject suggests, I need a boot kit for my mobo to  update the BiOs. I'm wondering if this company still does these or if I need to find another way to update the BIOS for my mobo. I followed the instructions on this link, https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

but I didn't recieve any confirmation that they received my warranty, and I'm working against the clock if I need to return one of my pc parts. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Check your Spam email folder to see if AMD email went there instead of your In-Box. Try checking your email On-line it is better then through a email program.

Did you fill out the AMD Warranty RMA form correctly?  No errors showed up when you hit enter?

NOTE: Which AMD Processor do you have and the Make & Model of your Motherboard?

EDIT: Open a AMD Support - Warranty ticket and see if they received your email or Boot kit request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Update: I received the automated email telling me they received my warranty. I’m just waiting for someone to review it now. As for my parts, I have a amd 5 5600x cpu and a gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi mobo. 

I’ll definitely use that link if I want to check on the process though so thank you for the help. 

0 Likes

For the Ryzen 5600X you will need BIOS version F60 from 03/05/2021.

If this is a new Gigabyte Motherboard and you purchased it after 03/2021 it is a good chance it has the correct BIOS version installed unless the Retailer sent you an old Gigabyte Motherboard or you purchased it before 03/2021.

Some Manufacturer's of Motherboard use the following method to indicate which BIOS version the motherboard has installed:

1- A sticker on the Motherboard

2-BIOS version printed on BIOS Chip

3-Serial Number

4-On the Motherboard's Retail Box

I couldn't find any information about how to find the BIOS version installed on a Gigabyte Motherboard. Probably similar to MSI through the Serial Number.

0 Likes

So I actually reached out to gigabyte and they told me I had f51. I bought it off Amazon very recently. However, I got the boot kit and it has the same exact issue. So I really don’t know what the issue could be. 

0 Likes