cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

konko
Journeyman III

cant overclock my ryzen 3200g anymore

hello , when I first bought my ryzen 3200g with b450 plus gaming i instantly overclocked it to 4.1ghz but i didn't change any voltage and didn't know anything other than changing core speed..but it worked and i stayed like this 6 months and then changed to 3.8 because didn't see a lot of difference ,, but last month I updated my whole drivers and bios and wanted to overclock, so i saw something , in the bios the stock core voltage is 1.5?? and I cant overclock more than 3.9ghz and of course cant increase the voltage anymore its already a lot and Don't know if my stock voltage was like this from the stupid bios when i first purchased all the mobo, my question . what the fu...happened here? why can't I overclock? is it because the voltage was 1.5 from the beginning and damaged my cpu? or the updates? or what?

0 Likes
3 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

1.5V is the reading of the cpu voltage ? or is it a value fixed in bios ? (if it's a reading that should be ok with ryzen at idle , should decrease with system on load - all is about temps with oc)

if you can't oc anymore after bios update it depends of the type of error you get , but it's probably due to ram stability that has been tighten and maybe you've got to recheck your ram settings maybe  ...

konko
Journeyman III

no its always 1.5 or 1.45 under load , its the stock settings , not fixed, i lastly managed to keep it stable at 3.9ghz @ 1.4 volt i downgraded the voltage manually .. don't know what's happening and i miss the 4.1 that i used to have, but it seems like this is the only solution right now.

maybe my cpu has degraded because the voltage has always been like that and i didn't see it.

0 Likes

what are the ram settings ?

0 Likes