cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mgrandy2
Journeyman III

AMD RYZEN 9 7900X Build not posting

Will not post, no error beeps. Everything lights up, mb, memory and video card. Tried onboard video with hdmi and dp. Saw some suggestions it takes a while so let it sit 5 mins still nothing. Any suggestions. 

AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X 12-Core, 24-Thread Unlocked

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS Elite AX (AM5/ LGA 1718/ AMD B650/ ATX/ 5-Year Warranty/ DDR5/ M.2/ PCIe 5.0/ USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C/WiFi 6E/ 2.5GbE LAN/Q-Flash Plus/EZ-Latch/Gaming Motherboard)

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 AMD EXPO iCUE Compatible Computer Memory - Gray (CMH32GX5M2D6000Z36K)

Apevia ATX-SN1050W Signature 1050W 80+ Bronze Certified Active PFC ATX Modular Gaming Power Supply

Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX PC Case - Black

PNY GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB XLR8 Gaming Verto Epic-X RGB Triple Fan Graphics Card DLSS 3

0 Likes
1 Solution
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

If I had to guess, you need a Bios update. That Motherboard has a Q-Flash Plus button on it, so find another PC and USB stick and get the newest stable version BIOS and put it on the USB stick in the manner it tells you to. Then put that USB in the back of the computer (it might have a specific USB port for it), then press the q flash and wait for it to do its thing. There are also good youtube videos out there explaining the process. Cheers.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

If I had to guess, you need a Bios update. That Motherboard has a Q-Flash Plus button on it, so find another PC and USB stick and get the newest stable version BIOS and put it on the USB stick in the manner it tells you to. Then put that USB in the back of the computer (it might have a specific USB port for it), then press the q flash and wait for it to do its thing. There are also good youtube videos out there explaining the process. Cheers.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
mgrandy2
Journeyman III

Seems it was a memory issue. Some idiot installed the memory in the wrong slot. That idiot was me. Problem solved.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Oh, I've done that as well lol. It's what makes building computers fun and frustrating at the same time. Glad ya figured it out.

0 Likes