cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

OCG_Fusion
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12 core running high temps

Hi there i built a new spec up around a month ago and been keeping an eye on my temps why playing games (Runescape 3 and GTA RP) my temps seem to sit around 85c and cant seem to bring it down at all is this normal for this type of CPU i will list my specs below 

ROG Strix B650E-F GAMING WIFI 
DRAM 32GB 6000MHz
AMD RYZEN 9 7800X Paired with a Corsair 240mm H100x
my case has 4 front intake fans 2 out takes and 3 fans on the bottom of the case that are intake i think to 

0 Likes
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi

the H100 240 rad is not up to par to keep that 170TDP beast down without tweaking, I know because I also have a 240 Ryujin on a 7950X. If you leave it stock then that is the temperatures to expect including some throtling along the way when more demading stuff needs to be done.

In order to tame the beast i have a custom PPT, offset undervolt, curve optimizer, some other PBO tweaks and well though planning with the case/fans to keep it under control.

BUT!

85C is still well within safe operating temperatures so you don't have nothing to worry about.

Good Luck

The Englishman

I got no idea how to do custom PPT and stuff like that and pbo tweaks just know under my desk gets really warm when playing some games so not sure what to do atm also what cooler would you say better to use on the cpu then

0 Likes

Follow the recommended ones from AMD here, select 170watt.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/ecosystem/cpu-cooler-solutions.html 

You can try EcoMode 105 if you want to drop lots of degrees Celsius, but you will have a little performance penalty by doing this alone.

The Englishman
0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

The 7000 series is more likely to boost voltage and frequency up to the 95°C temperature limit regardless of how good your cooling is. There are some tweaks you can use to reduce that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

OCG_Fusion, your maximum temperature is 95 C, so you are fine. We really do not know what is going on. If you want more help Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 and nothing else. Post only RM image. John.

0 Likes