cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DragemD
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X BSOD on IDLE no issue during normal use or gaming.

Just over 3 years no problems at all but for the last 3 days Im getting BSOD or black screen shutdowns when the PC is idle. No issues at all while being use or during gaming.

• The PC is clean, no dust buildup, all fans working and AIO working.

• Checked for updates and updated anything that needed it. Including drivers.

• Ran Windows Memory Test for ram and no issues.

• Ran Malwarebytes, no issue.

• Ran virus scan, no issues.

• Ran Cinebench CPU multi core test (70*c max temp) Score 1114 with default 2024 being 1189

• Ran Cinebench GPU test ( 73*c max temp) Score 15465 with a default of 15959

• Idle temps both seem normal.

• I have 2 dmp files but windows isn't letting me zip them to desktop even with admin. I can open in WinDpg but I have no clue how to read them there.

Issue seems to replated to powering down while idle then crashing. Im getting 41 and 4502 errors plus 124 with bucket ID: Bucket ID: LKD_0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_Bus_PRV_BANK1B_MSCOD0000_MCACOD080B_PCC_UC_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys

I tried 2 changes in the bios mentioned here. Those are 

• POWER STATE IDLE CONTROL > change to TYPICAL

• AMD CBS > NBIO COMMON OPTIONS > SMU COMMON > DF CSTATES, changed from ENABLED TO DISABLED.

The issue persists. 

0 Likes
12 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

DragemD, please upload the dump files to somewhere I can download them. John.

0 Likes

Thanks John, I'm at my wits end with this. Here is the 4 files. the ones on the 28th were before the bios changes the other 2 after. onedrive link 

I never use Onedrive but I think this will work. Let me know if you need a different service. 

My specs:

Win 11 home ver 23H2 installed on 11/29/23 OS build 22631.3810

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

ROG 8 Dark Hero

EVGA 3080 RTX ti

64GB Ram

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

What graphics card do you have? and if AMD what Adrenalin version are you running? There was an issue with some versions and ULPS setting causing similar issues.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Not sure how to find the Adrenalin version so if you can tell me where to look that would be great. 

Specs.

Win 11 home ver 23H2 installed on 11/29/23 OS build 22631.3810

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

ROG 8 Dark Hero

EVGA 3080 RTX ti

64GB Ram

0 Likes

As you have an nVidia card, the issue I was referring to is n/a.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Do you have any sort of curve optimizer set or undervolt by any chance?

Have you done any BIOS update lately?

Can you use system restore to an earlier date when system was stable?

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

I haven't gone with a system restore yet since it seems to be hardware related and the last restore point is like 2 years old.

As for any tweaking its all straight out of the box. No overlock, no undervolt unless an update changed it.

Bios was updated last year sometime. Im not sure if an update is even available. 

0 Likes

DragemD, please continue to stay out of BIOS (do a Clear CMOS). Make sure you have the latest drivers. All AMD drivers should come from here. Make sure your BIOS is up to date. The Minidumps showed x0101 and x0133 Bugchecks. These are both time out errors. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Clear CMOS? Isnt that a complete reset of the bios. That removes the boot order, system clock, and hardware configuration. I dont know how to reset those things after.

The only thing Ive ever changed in the BOIS are the two setting above. Can I just revert those? 

0 Likes

I needed to ask, because idle crashes could've come from excessive undervolting.

You can go ahead and do a clear CMOS but before that, you said that everything is runing stock, does that mean that you never enabled XMP, DOCP on BIOS?

Its just troubleshooting. Remember that on 14th gen intel, they had some issues and Windows was reporting GPU but in fact was CPU, so don't assume just yet that the error is your CPU although it probably is.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

I hate messing around in the bios so I don't think so but how would I check the XMP or DOCP? Ill have to look up what those are also. 

0 Likes

If you never adjusted ram speed, you are running most probably at base speed. Which is also a troubleshooting step. To eliminate unstable XMP speeds.

Go ahead and clear CMOS.

I would also, in order to complete your checklist, Run sfc /scannow  and DISM.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corr... 

The Englishman
0 Likes