Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Valter1
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 Microfreezing

Hello, 

I am using a Lenovo Legion 5 with an AMD Ryzen 7 as a CPU and I have noticed that when the laptop is not connected to power the laptop microfreezes every 30 seconds or so even if no program is running. I can visualize there freezes in the task manager which coincide with a spike in CPU activity. This problem goes away when I plug the laptop into its charger and in safe mode it doesn't occur without a charger.  What could be causing this, I haven't changed anything from the last time I turned it off before this began to happen, ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Things to do that might help:

Update BIOS/Firmware of your laptop to latest from Lenovo's product support page

Make sure you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Make sure you have the latest GPU drivers installed from AMD.com or Nvidia.com (whatever type of GPU you are running)

..if still microfreezing .. then check your laptop's power settings and bebop around in there and toggle some stuff and see if it helps anything

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
Valter1
Journeyman III

Hey, I have the latest drivers installed and I checked through the settings but don't see anything that could cause this to happen. Do you know what else I could try or where else to look?

0 Likes