Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TekNaut99
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Support

Hi,

Does anybody know how long  AMD will support the Ryzen 7 5700X3D? I know the warranty is for 3 years, but for how many years after will AMD provide updates?

Thanks,

TekNaut99

0 Likes
1 Solution

I wouldn't worry about it. By the time AM4 socket is not supported anymore your PC would have been upgraded or you would have a new PC by that time due to defective hardware or due to needing to updated your hardware.

I can't speak for AMD but just guessing. Like I mentioned AM4 Socket is still extremely popular while AM5 is gaining each day in popularity.

Up to last year AMD still had offered Chip-sets for AM3+ and older Motherboards.  Now checking AMD Download page I see that AMD doesn't offer Chip-Sets for AM3+ Motherboards anymore.

So in that case those motherboards aren't supported anymore by AMD unless the Motherboard's Manufacturers comes out with its own new drivers.

But you can always open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and asked them from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

I doubt if they will answer your question but maybe they might give a general idea how long AM4 socket will be supported.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Dragokar
Forerunner

Updates for what especially?

I guess you mean how long AMD will support the CPU in the future?

Will the processor doesn't have any Integrated Graphics so there is no AMD Graphics driver to be stopped from being supported.

so as long as AMD supports AM4 Chip-sets and Motherboards your processor will be supported.  So it probably will be for several more years since AM4 Motherboards are so wide spread and so many new AM4 processor have come out in the last few years.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. No, I don't mean integrated graphics,  I mean chipset support. This CPU was launched in 2024, so would support for the B550 chipset and CPU be until 2030?

Thanks,

TekNaut99

0 Likes

How did you come to that conclusion? AM4 will be supported a longer while, and they will provide chipset and AGESA updates as long they support Win 11. How long this would be? Ask AMD, but I guess no one can answer that.

No, it's not my conclusion but a question. 

I wouldn't worry about it. By the time AM4 socket is not supported anymore your PC would have been upgraded or you would have a new PC by that time due to defective hardware or due to needing to updated your hardware.

I can't speak for AMD but just guessing. Like I mentioned AM4 Socket is still extremely popular while AM5 is gaining each day in popularity.

Up to last year AMD still had offered Chip-sets for AM3+ and older Motherboards.  Now checking AMD Download page I see that AMD doesn't offer Chip-Sets for AM3+ Motherboards anymore.

So in that case those motherboards aren't supported anymore by AMD unless the Motherboard's Manufacturers comes out with its own new drivers.

But you can always open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and asked them from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

I doubt if they will answer your question but maybe they might give a general idea how long AM4 socket will be supported.

@TekNaut99 wrote:

would support for the B550 chipset and CPU be until 2030?

Support for what specifically?

The OS? Will it be supported on Windows 12? The system requirements are similar to 11 - UEFI/TPM2. Could that change in the next year? Yes.

But as AM4 is currently supported on Windows 11 which does not yet have an end of support date you should be fine for a while.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes
trvbis
Journeyman III

Hello guys, do we have any drivers for the 5700x3d? Like the V Cache optimizer that the 5800x3d has. Also how do you know if your v cache is working properly? Thanks beforehand:)

0 Likes