cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Zbyszek
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz clock jumping to 0.38GHz in games

Hi im on laptop lenovo legion 5, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz, win 11 64bit, 32gb ram, nvidia geforce rtx 2060. So when i try to play games like cs go, battlefield 2042 or people playground my cpu go to 0.38 GHz then clock is normal and another time go to 0.38 GHz over and over again.

so if you will help my, i will be thankful and glad.

0 Likes
8 Replies

What is your CPU Temperatures when that happens?

It could be the processor is throttling due to overheating which is why I asked.

0 Likes

on quick cpu it show i got 95 on stress and 39-45 without, for my cpu max is 105 C

Edit: I mean 105 is what producer say 

0 Likes

You laptop has good cooling system on it. So your Mobile Processor isn't throttling.

Is it the same while playing games?

I noticed  after googling your Lenovo Laptop that is has a Nvidia GPU card in it, Is this correct?

If so it is possible the games are using the Nivida GPU card instead of AMD Integrated Graphics.

I would go to Lenovo Support driver download page for your laptop and install Lenovo's own OEM AMD and NVidia Drivers since they are 100% compatible.

Update all the Graphics, Chip set, and BIOS if applicable.

After you update everything in your Lenovo laptop see if  the same issue continues.

Also make sure Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

NOTE: All of the above is to make sure you laptop is fully updated which might fix your problem. Especially a BIOS update if you have a older version installed.

EDIT: in Windows Settings - Graphics you can select which GPU (IGPU or DGPU) your laptop can use with any specific program or game.

Make sure to make your DGPU (Nivida GPU card) the GPU when playing games instead of your AMD IGPU.

See if that makes any difference after updating your laptop drivers and BIOS.

0 Likes

when i play games my cpu drop to 0.38 GHz and use max 30% and i see when playing my gpu goes to 100%, Yes i have Nvidia GPU.

I will update all what i can and reply.

So i updated:

-cpu drivers

-gpu drivers

-windows

And i can't find bios and chipsets for my laptop.

EDIT: And i have still the problem with GHz in games.

0 Likes

can you post the exact Make & Model of your laptop?

0 Likes

Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05H

cpu- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz

gpu- Nvidia Geforce rtx 2060

Ram- 32Gb (when i buy my laptop service added 16Gb ram to my laptop)

Motherboard- no info, Producer-Lenovo

system- Windows 11 Home version-22H2, 64bit

I hope it helps you.

Yes it does, Thanks for the update on the laptop model.

Found Lenovo Support download page for your laptop: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/legion-series/legion-5-15arh05h/dow...

Screenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

Does the Processor cycle from .38Ghz to normal speeds only during games or all the time?

Many times the CPU is being used by background programs which will cause it to fluctuate constantly.

Does it cycle constantly when the game is using the Nvidia GPU  instead of the AMD Integrated Graphics?

Sometime the AMD driver will cause conflict with the Nvidia driver. So it is best to use Lenovo's own OEM Graphic drivers which are made to prevent this issue.

If you downloaded AMD driver, uninstall it using DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD.

Now install just the Lenovo's own OEM Graphics driver and Chipset and update the BIOS if it is older than the one they are showing at the download page.

You can use Lenovo's own Automatic Driver updating from the same download page if you want.

If the issue still continues I would open a Lenovo Support ticket and asked them if this is normal behavior for your laptop processor.

NOTE: Have you configure in Windows 11 Settings - Graphics to use the Nvidia GPU in your laptop for all of your games?

0 Likes