cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Karlpetersen
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 7 3800

Currently I'm running a program on my  PC that has the temp running at a constant 80 celcious,  how robust is the durability of this particualar CPU to withstand that temp for a long period time?   Eventually I know I'll need an upgraded fan.   I mean should I be good for a few weeks?   or a few months?   or a year or better. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Running your Ryzen 3800 at 80c is well within its Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c.  You should have no issues running the CPU for long periods at that temperature.

I wouldn't run the processor at temperatures above 90c -95c for long periods and only for very short periods slightly above 95c where the CPU would be automatically throttling.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Running your Ryzen 3800 at 80c is well within its Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c.  You should have no issues running the CPU for long periods at that temperature.

I wouldn't run the processor at temperatures above 90c -95c for long periods and only for very short periods slightly above 95c where the CPU would be automatically throttling.

0 Likes