Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zigra63
Journeyman III

Amd Ryzen 3 3200U - CPU Usage Stucks At %15

Hello, I'm Zigra.

I've been using my HP laptop for almost 3 years. But I'm having an issue since I bought this laptop.

The issue happens when I play games or use apps. My CPU usage limits itself by 0.39 GHz (%15). I'm trying to fix this issue, but I cannot find any solution.

I need to get help with it. My battery life is at 90%, so I don't think it's about the battery.

My laptop: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06455188

Screenshots;

IDLE:

IDLE.png

IN GAME:

INGAME.png

I hope we can find an end to this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

what type of CPU temperatures are you getting when running games?

Is it hotter than 105c?  After your APU reaches 105c it starts to throttle or slow down.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, CHIPSET, & AMD Graphics driver installed from your HP Download page.

I would open a HP SUPPORT ticket and ask them if that is normal for your laptop processor.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

what type of CPU temperatures are you getting when running games?

Is it hotter than 105c?  After your APU reaches 105c it starts to throttle or slow down.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, CHIPSET, & AMD Graphics driver installed from your HP Download page.

I would open a HP SUPPORT ticket and ask them if that is normal for your laptop processor.

0 Likes
zigra63
Journeyman III

Thanks, elstaci!

My CPU temperature is not that high, It's on 90c's max, and all of my drivers and etc. is update, so I think it doesn't help at all.

Forgot to mention try running HP LAPTOP Diagnostics on your HP laptop before talking to HP SUPPORT in case the diagnostics sees something wrong.

Could be a hardware issue which is why I mentioned to open a HP SUPPORT Ticket and ask them directly.

Some Laptop manufacturer's do put speed limits on their laptop processors but not as low as you mentioned.

either way good luck.

NOTE: Looking at AMD Specs for your APU it does have a adjustable TDP rating. The default TDP rating is 15 watts:

AMD Configurable TDP (cTDP)
12-25W

See if BIOS has a setting to increase the TDP rating to 25 watts and see if the problem still occurs or not. Be aware that the laptop will run much hotter at 25 watts TDP so just apply 25 watts as a temporarily troubleshooting procedure just to see if the processor run normally at that setting. If it doesn't then change it back to default 15 watts TDP.

If it does fix the problem then I would absolutely open a HP SUPPORT Ticket to see if your laptop needs to be RMAed and checked by HP.
0 Likes