Did you mean: 

Processors

roshan01
Journeyman III

AMD 3250U running at overclocked speed.

I am having an Asus Laptop, Model Number M515. The specifications are as below:
CPU: AMD 3250u mobile processor.
MotherBoard: American Trands X515

Problem: The CPU is running at overclocked speed, rather than base frequency. Which leading to overheating

On BIOS there is no setting provided to turn off the Overclocking. Also the windows different options in power control, not able to run the CPU at base frequency.
I also tried the AMD Adrelian, but its of no use.

Please let me know, how to fix this, so that the CPU runs at base frequency.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Could be any one, or more apps/software installed running at same time (including asus software).

Have you tried asking on the asus support forum, someone there may know more about the laptop model.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

You don't have a Maximum Processor State setting in power plan settings?  Reducing that should drop your max CPU frequency.

0 Likes
roshan01
Journeyman III

I tried , changing the value for max processor state, max cpu frequency in windows. The processor cpu sets to 1.6 GHz and thus does not go beyond that.

Also the cpu utilisation doesn't goes beyond 60%.

From this i learnt, windows can control the cpu frequency. So it's the chipset driver here, which is buggy.

Also amd adrelian, master like softwares support other amd processors to set cpu frequency but not 3250u. Why ?

0 Likes
roshan01
Journeyman III

I want to start official discussion with Asus and AMD, I have Asus official support email id, but not of AMD. Please ping the amd support email on roshan897@gmail.com. thanks.

0 Likes