Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

A64
Journeyman III

AM4 platform's last mohicans

Dear AMD Engineers,

while making a record long lifecycle with the keepalive of the AM4 platform, can you just make meaningful CPU-s as the very last ones to this platform ?

I'd be keen to buy a 5955GX anytime soon.

I tell you how to get to this:

- take a conventional 5950X (which is insanely good by default for multicore purposes like home lab, virtualization at home and alike)
- add a basic (but decoding-capable) GPU (for the ones who might use their little home labs as NAS/media server/HTPC too -> Ryzen 9 5950GX
- despite integrated GPU, keep cache sizes and PCIe 4.0
- go "PRO" and keep DDR4 ECC UDIMM support in appropriate boards -> Ryzen 9 PRO 5955GX
- let us good old AMD fans stick to the platform, keep our AM4 mobos for something still very capable under the TV while we upgrade our Photoshop/Gaming rig to AM5 and still grant you a hell amount of profit

Deal ?

I'd like that Proxmox doing insane amount of **bleep** one day while watching HEVC/VP9/AV1 accelerated movies the next day..

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Exemplar

All recently released AM4 chips are variations of either Cezanne or Vermeer, neither of which combine the features you want. It's doubtful AMD would design a brand new AM4 die, which is what you're asking for.

There is however an existing processor that meets all your qualifications, it's called the 7950X.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes