cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CloudieMesto
Adept I

After changing CSM to UEFI my speaker does 3 beep and sometimes can't loading the windows.

My PC works really good on Windows 10 about 3 years, lately i tried to install the Windows 11 but then i had that 3 beeps and thought that the problem is in the Windows 11 but now i changed CSM to UEFI in just Windows 10 and i see actually the same problem.
I checked the speaker info and 3 beeps means that i've got some problems with my RAM but i actually everything is really good with it and i had no issues with CSM.
Pc specs.
CPU - Ryzen 5 2600, 3700 mhz undervolt
RAM - 16gb(8+8) overclocked 3200MHz, 1,26v, i know that you will maybe think that this is crazy low voltage for this frequency but i never had blue screens or problems.
GPU - Gtx 1650 super
Motherboard - MSI B450m PRO VDH-MAX

p.s. If i set again from uefi to csm i have no issues. I really want to change Win 10 to Win11 that's why i need your help!

Thanks for reading my problem.
With best regards` Kayce.

0 Likes
15 Replies
trickson
Adept II

Yeah not going to happen.

In order to "Change" you need to do another clean install.

At least this is what I have been going through.

If you did not set your BIOS to UEIF when you installed windows, then it is game over start again and turn on UEIF and all the other windows 11 requirements in the BIOS then install 10 and 11. 

0 Likes

sir i tried it! i installed clean win11 with uefi but it happened again

trickson
Adept II

WOW okay well that really should have worked.

Are you also setting UEIF+Legacy support? 

Disable fast boot as well? 

0 Likes

I set just from CSM to UEFI. that's all.
Also idk but may it be a problem if my disks are GUID? I didn't change anything there

Yeah, you need to look at that stuff as well. it all ties into windows 11 security and keys and whatever you know what. 

I think there is an fTm setting as well or something like that you need to enable. 

0 Likes

According to this MSI Forum:

3 beeps stand for a RAM problem. 1/ Plug only 1 RAM stick in DIMMA2 (2nd DIMM slot from CPU) and do a clear CMOS: - Power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.Apr 12, 2019

3 Long beeps | MSI Global English Forum - Index

https://forum-en.msi.com › threads › 3-long-beeps.317951

See if the above tip fixes your problem.

Run MEMTEST86 via a Flash drive or use Windows Memory Diagnostic to check your RAM. It is possible that a RAM stick went bad or is going bad.

Make sure all the RAM is in the DIMM Slots nice and tight and locked down.

Like it mentions, remove all the RAM except from DIMM Slot A2 and see if it boot up after removing power from the PSU by disconnecting the power cord and doing a CMOS CLEAR at the same time before powering up the PC again.

EDIT: Just reread the last part of your Original Post. You mentioned that in CSM Mode (Legacy Mode) everything works fine. That indicates some hardware is not compatible with Windows 11 in UEFI mode.

Might still be a RAM going bad or is defective. Your CPU Ryzen 5 2600 is listed as being compatible with Windows 11.

Do you have fTPM enabled in BIOS which Windows 11 needs to have enabled?

0 Likes

I tried it. RAM works perfectly with every positions on motherboard and als ono problem with memtest

CloudieMesto, W11 requires CSM Disabled and BIOS must be in UEFI mode. This thread is very confusing.  UEFI and GUID are correct. I don't think your MB supports W11. Please check or ask MSI. Enjoy, John.

trickson
Adept II

Do you have fTPM enabled in BIOS which Windows 11 needs to have enabled?

YES! 

Thanks  for the update.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS Version installed for your Processor. Unless the latest BIOS version is the reason for your troubles. The latest involves making the Mobo Windows 11 compatible.

Try doing a CMOS CLEAR on the Motherboard to reset BIOS back to factory "Defaults". Don't overclock the RAM at this time and leave everything as default. Unless it goes to CSM Mode by default. Then you need to change it to UEFI Mode. Also disable "Fast Start" in BIOS. Those should be the only changes made at the moment.

Just see if everything boots up and works. If it does then enable or disable all the other BIOS settings except your RAM Settings. Leave that in Default.

If everything boots up and works correctly now overclock your RAM and see if you start getting the 3 Beeps sequence again.

The above is to just eliminate any BIOS settings that might be having issues in UEFI Mode. I mentioned the RAM last because that is where the problem is indicating by the 3 beeps.

I downloaded your Mobo Manual and it shows it uses EZ DEBUG LEDs. So you can use that to troubleshoot your Mobo while it is booting up.

Make sure that BIOS is still in UEFI Mode.

If all above you are still getting the 3 beeps with BIOS in Default and EZ DEBUG DRAM LED is now lit up, then disconnect everything from your Motherboard except your PSU, CPU, and Windows drive.

The CPU LED light should go on and then off and the DRAM LED light should be illuminated. This means that BIOS tested your CPU and it passed the hardware test.

Install one stick of RAM in A2 or second DIMM Slot on the Motherboard. Now both the CPU and DRAM LED lights should go on and then off in sequence and the GPU LED should go on. It is a good chance the PC is still booting into Windows at this time.

Now connect the GPU card, Monitor, and Keyboard/Mouse still with one Stick of RAM installed without being overclocked.

If everything boots up fine without any EZ DEBUG LED lights constantly lit and no BEEP sounds now install another stick of RAM until you have all your Sticks of RAM installed without any beeps.

Now overclock them in BIOS and see if the BEEPs restarts again.

NOTE: I realize this is a lot of work but something is not compatible in Windows 11 UEFI Mode. The above is just a step by step way of trying to eliminate the hardware one at  a time.

Also I don't believe you can enable UEFI Mode if your HDD/SSD has a MBR Partition. The Windows drive Partition must be GPT type.

You  can check that under Windows Information screen in Windows Settings.

Oh man, thank you so much for the answer! I'll do all these things step by step after two days and then will reply you! I appreciate that you spent your time to help me!

Thank you so much my man!

0 Likes

p.s i already have GUID which is GPT i guess

0 Likes

Sir there is 1 long and 2 short beeps, sorry

Check the new thread please.

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/1-long-beep-2-short-beeps-i-need-your-help-guys/m-p/570753#M...

0 Likes

Make sure your MSI Motheroboard uses AMI BIOS.

According to this MSI Forum thread on beep codes this User uploaded this:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

Sounds like the problem is with your Nvidia Video Card Firmware or vBIOS.

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

3 short beeps is a RAM issue.  The major issue is the limitations of CSM.  UEFI is by far the better option. 

image_2022-12-24_131729106.png

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"