cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

slavicpsycho
Adept II

7950x Graphical Bug

I was able to replicate this multiple times on new windows machines and a new cpu. 

Having the ryzen 9 7950x integrated graphics enabled on a x670e-e motherboard, with or without a dedicated GPU causes major artifacting issues on Windows 11 pro, with newest AMD drivers. Have tried older bios versions as well. Happens in dirextx/openGL applications, artifacting will flash on the screen every so often. Issue is fixed with Integrated Graphics is disabled.

Anyone else having this issue with this cpu?

0 Likes
5 Replies

If you believe this is a OpenGL issue try posting this thread at AMD Developer's Forum "Vulkan/OpenGL" forum. But you first need to post your thread here to get permission to post on "Vulkan/OpenGL" site: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

0 Likes

I don't believe its necessarily a OpenGL issue, but I think it's an issue with the iGPU itself

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

slavicpsycho, where did you get your AMD drivers? Please post all your parts including vendor. Where is your monitor connected? What OS and DirectX are you running?

0 Likes

I got my drivers from from https://www.amd.com/en/support/
7900 XTX (works without graphical issues on other computers)

Ryzen 9 7950x

ROG STRIX X670e-e Gaming Wifi Motherboard

64GB Ram G Skill Trident Neo 6000MHz

1000 Watt CORSAIR RM1000e 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular

I have ruled out all hardware issues (pcie cables, power supply, displayport cable, monitor, gpu, etc) 

It happens only with integrated graphics on, whether its plugged into the iGPU or the dedicated GPU. Running on Windows 11 pro 23H2. It happens on games like Factorio, Squad, as well as interfaces like FL studio. Again this ONLY happens with integrated graphics switched on in the bios. OC off doesn't make a difference. Running on DirectX 12.

Also running on an AW2723DF Monitor

0 Likes

slavicpsycho, why do you run with iGPU enabled while it cause problems? Please open an AMD online Support Request. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes